What do you write in a autograph request letter?

Need help? Tips? Tricks? This is the place to ask any questions related to autograph collecting. New collectors, post your questions here!
ProWolf
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Re: What do you write in a autograph request letter?

Post by ProWolf »

Blackhawks026 wrote:In all my requests I ask them to personalize it to me.
It is rare to find an autograph collector that knows they will never want to sell their collection in the future. If you actually see the bid prices compared to the actual buy prices on personalized items versus non-personalized you will see they always sell for 35% of the book value as nobody wants those for full price. You have made your collection far less valuable then you would like to think. But then always asking for them personalized you don't have any intention of them ever being worth much to anyone but you I guess.
pj313
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by pj313 »

solosolo wrote:I usually write only a few sentences. I am pretty sure at least half of all celebrities I sent don't even read these letters, just sign the pictures and put then into envelope. I can't imagine them reading all these letters as it takes quite a lot of time.
I agree. Most of the time I just send a picture and sase without a letter and get most of mine back. They don't have time to read all these letters.
Blackhawks026
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Blackhawks026 »

ProWolf wrote:
Blackhawks026 wrote:In all my requests I ask them to personalize it to me.
It is rare to find an autograph collector that knows they will never want to sell their collection in the future. If you actually see the bid prices compared to the actual buy prices on personalized items versus non-personalized you will see they always sell for 35% of the book value as nobody wants those for full price. You have made your collection far less valuable then you would like to think. But then always asking for them personalized you don't have any intention of them ever being worth much to anyone but you I guess.
Unless I go flat broke one day, I don't think I'll ever have the need or desire to.sell mine... Sooo yes, I really don't care about their "value"
~Currently taking a break from collecting to focus on school~

Harry Potter Autographs: Tom Felton (IP), Daniel Radcliffe, Rupert Grint, Alan Rickman, James & Oliver Phelps, Warwick Davis, Matthew Lewis, Shirley Henderson, Maggie Smith, Richard Griffiths, Scarlett Byrne, Robert Hardy, Mirriam Margoyles, Fiona Shaw, Gemma Jones, Hazel Douglas, Imelda Staunten, Harry Melling, Emma Thompson, Zoe Wanamaker, David Ryall, Isabella Laughland, Sophie Thompson, Ciaran Hinds, Julie Walters, Andy Linden, Jim Broadbent, Christian Coulson, Kenneth Branagh, Dave Legeno, Jessica Hynes, Bill Nighy, Jeff Rawle, Amelda Brown, Margery Mason, Natalia Tena, Helen McCrory, Bonnie Wright, John Hurt, Mateylok Gibbs, Chris Rankin, Terence Baylor, Guy Henry, Arben Bajrakturaj, Alfie Enoch, Michelle Fairly, Alexandre Desplat, Ryan Turner, David Bradley, Rhys Ifans and Nina Young

Check out my Harry Potter autographs (along with my entire autograph collection) here : http://tinyurl.com/6uafx5g
adolfainsley8
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by adolfainsley8 »

Favorite Rock/Metal autographs: Van Halen (Dave/Eddie/Alex/Mike), Van Hagar (Sammy/Eddie/Alex/Mike), Helloween, Savatage (all members including Criss), Overkill, Stratovarius, Manowar, Arch Enemy, Steve Perry, Journey with Arnel Pineda, Chicago (minus Robert Lamm), Peter Cetera, the Beach Boys (50th anniversary reunion lineup), Beach Boys current lineup, and Mick Jagger of the Rolling Stones???
waleeed
Dilan Smith
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Dilan Smith »

NickThomas wrote:Where can I get online help for writing paper?
And I also wonder if there are some generally accepted rules for writing an autograph request letter?
I think I can help you. Are you looking for a service that would get essay help online? Sending a letter requesting an autograph is an effective way to obtain it at a distance.
First advice, write thank the celebrity, for the time spent on the reading of your letter. Second thing, be original with compliments and then just ask for an autograph. Be sure to include a return address.