What do you write in a autograph request letter?

Need help? Tips? Tricks? This is the place to ask any questions related to autograph collecting. New collectors, post your questions here!
princesscharliemc
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by princesscharliemc »

I'd like people's autograph but i'd also like them to feel happy reading it :)
KayP929
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Re: What do you write in a autograph request letter?

Post by KayP929 »

You thank them for reading, tell them why/how you are a fan, politely request an autograph and include your address.
Sent autographs- Alice in Wonderland (Walt Disney World), Ariana Grande, Betty White, a bunch of Studio Fan Mail requests, Paula Deen, Sesame Street, Cheryl Burke, Michelle Branch
Soon to be sent-
Received- Coco Jones, Victoria Justice (PP), Les Miles (for my dad)
Most Wanted- Taylor Swift!!!!!!!!!!!!! Jennifer Lopez, Selena Gomez, Kardashians

If you have any good Emails or private addresses PLEASE PM me!! I have a few emails. :)
georgethree33
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by georgethree33 »

wrong forum, try here:

viewforum.php?f=117
Favorite Film/TV Autographs: Robin Williams (Not Secretarial), every James Bond 007 actor from film and TV, every actor/stuntman (and actress) to ever play Jason in Friday the 13th film series, and every man to ever portray Superman on the TV, film, radio, stage, video games and in animation.

Favorite Rock/Metal autographs: Van Halen (Dave/Eddie/Alex/Mike), Van Hagar (Sammy/Eddie/Alex/Mike), Helloween, Savatage (all members including Criss), Overkill, Stratovarius, Manowar, Arch Enemy, Steve Perry, Journey with Arnel Pineda, Chicago (minus Robert Lamm), Peter Cetera, the Beach Boys (50th anniversary reunion lineup), Beach Boys current lineup, and Mick Jagger of the Rolling Stones.

Favorite comic book sketches/signatures: Wayne Boring, Joe Shuster, Curt Swan, Jim Lee, Jon Bogdanove, Brett Breeding, Ron Frenz, Ivan Reis, Mart Nodell, Bob Kane, Carmine Infantino, Dan Jurgens, Howard Bender.
EmmaSheree
$10 gift certificate winner
$10 gift certificate winner

Post by EmmaSheree »

Dear Actors name here
I hope you dont mind me writing to you
My name is XX and i am X years old
I am writing to say how much i enjoy your portrayal of X charactor they play"

Then i explain about the SASE which i have included

If it is not to much trouble please may i have a signed photo of "Actors name" and if possible dedicated to "Your name"?

I hope to hear from you soon
Yours sincerely
"Your name"
Sarahnem
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Sarahnem »

I always write mostly about me and whats going on in my life. Actors/Actress's know what they've done, and they get tired of reading about it. They are more interested in what you are doing, what you are like, so on and so forth. I briefly mention why I'm a fan and sometimes I include a story about it if its funny/interesting/relevant. Then I ask for their autograph. Good luck!
GRAHAMINMEDWAY
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by GRAHAMINMEDWAY »

Do a google search for the person you want to write to, note down some of the films etc they have been in ,then mention some of their work in your letter to them. stating one in particular was your favourite ( mention that one by name more so if they won an award for that film/tv work) everyone loves flattery so lay it on thick and im sure they will reply to you
ProWolf
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by ProWolf »

When most people get themselves a standard template that works they usually use it for all their celebrity autographs. Most don't give their real templates out because they don't want someone else writing the same thing and then their letter isn't unique.

Depending on how many celebrities you write a month it saves hours knowing the format you want to use.
solosolo
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by solosolo »

I usually write only a few sentences. I am pretty sure at least half of all celebrities I sent don't even read these letters, just sign the pictures and put then into envelope. I can't imagine them reading all these letters as it takes quite a lot of time.
WALKING DEAD!
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
iamdanieljlacey
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by iamdanieljlacey »

I always wonder the same.

But I put in mine;

"Hi ____,
My name is ____ and I'm a huge fan. I've been a fan for ____ years, having became a fan when _____."

I then go on to say which of their work I love the most, and tell a story of how its affected me. For example, I sent a letter to somebody the other day telling them how their song inspired me, and how it did so.

I then go on to say "I know you're really busy, but please could I have a signed picture "To Daniel" ? I've included a SSAE for your convenience."

and then I thank them for reading and taking the time to reply.

and I leave my address at the bottom, and say thankyou again.

:)
I am no longer using this site. Too many pricks.
Blackhawks026
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Blackhawks026 »

solosolo wrote:I usually write only a few sentences. I am pretty sure at least half of all celebrities I sent don't even read these letters, just sign the pictures and put then into envelope. I can't imagine them reading all these letters as it takes quite a lot of time.
In all my requests I ask them to personalize it to me. Id say 80% of my requests have been returned personalized too me, so that proves a decent amount read them (atleast too the ones I.send too) {up}
~Currently taking a break from collecting to focus on school~

Harry Potter Autographs: Tom Felton (IP), Daniel Radcliffe, Rupert Grint, Alan Rickman, James & Oliver Phelps, Warwick Davis, Matthew Lewis, Shirley Henderson, Maggie Smith, Richard Griffiths, Scarlett Byrne, Robert Hardy, Mirriam Margoyles, Fiona Shaw, Gemma Jones, Hazel Douglas, Imelda Staunten, Harry Melling, Emma Thompson, Zoe Wanamaker, David Ryall, Isabella Laughland, Sophie Thompson, Ciaran Hinds, Julie Walters, Andy Linden, Jim Broadbent, Christian Coulson, Kenneth Branagh, Dave Legeno, Jessica Hynes, Bill Nighy, Jeff Rawle, Amelda Brown, Margery Mason, Natalia Tena, Helen McCrory, Bonnie Wright, John Hurt, Mateylok Gibbs, Chris Rankin, Terence Baylor, Guy Henry, Arben Bajrakturaj, Alfie Enoch, Michelle Fairly, Alexandre Desplat, Ryan Turner, David Bradley, Rhys Ifans and Nina Young

Check out my Harry Potter autographs (along with my entire autograph collection) here : http://tinyurl.com/6uafx5g