Chances of receiving mail?

Need help? Tips? Tricks? This is the place to ask any questions related to autograph collecting. New collectors, post your questions here!
Satindust
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Chances of receiving mail?

Post by Satindust »

So today I sent a picture, a SASE and a letter to Tony Slattery. He hasn't been in anything for several years, so what are the chances of him replying? Does this mean I might get it more quickly?
I'm not being impatient, I'm just very worried that I wont get a reply :( So what are the chances of actually receiving a reply from him, do you think?
Thanks,
Claire
Waiting for: Tony Slattery (Sent 27/10/11)
-----------------------------------------
Life's too important to be taken seriously.
HappinessStan
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Re: Chances of receiving mail?

Post by HappinessStan »

No-one can answer this with any certainty, it depends whether he's in the mood to sign it when it reaches him. I've had successes through his agency, so they do pass mail on. Most UK actors/comedians/TV personalities do - I write mainly to people with that sort of level of fame and popularity and get about three-quarters of them back.

The best thing you can do now is to try to forget about it, if you run down to meet the postman every day in anticipation it will begin to drive you mad. The cure is patience.

If you're not able to be patient, then I would recommend that you get lots more requests out as soon as possible and in a very short time you will have successes arriving.

Good luck (and chill out)
Satindust
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Satindust »

That's a good chance.. Okay thanks. I cant send more requests out because a) I have no more money and b) it's only Tony's auto I really want anyway!

I'm definitely going to go mad waiting! Oh well, thank you very much.
Waiting for: Tony Slattery (Sent 27/10/11)
-----------------------------------------
Life's too important to be taken seriously.
Will Bozarth
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Will Bozarth »

Did you ever hear back from Tony?