SASE...o no!

Need help? Tips? Tricks? This is the place to ask any questions related to autograph collecting. New collectors, post your questions here!
emmetlovesgaga
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

SASE...o no!

Post by emmetlovesgaga »

I haven't been sending SASEs. I just send a letter, sometimes with a picture. I have gotten mail from House, and Babs, without it. I am worried I won't get anything back. It's only been like 3 weeks, so I still have hope. But I just sent mail to Australia, for Britney Spears, and I'm so worried! Have you ever done a no-sase?
RYAN J.

Re: SASE...o no!

Post by RYAN J. »

I ALWAYS send an SASE with every request. You may get some back, but generally the ones who don't send a SASE don't get a reply. :neutral: You can always resend with an SASE. {up}

RYAN J. 8)
tansternant
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by tansternant »

And to start to worry after about three weeks is quite funny - you will soon realise that some people take years to respond , and even more don't respond whether you include SASE or not .

Saying that , I always enclose a SASE - I bet it increases your chance of reply by about 10 times .
Most recent successes :- Jake Gyllenhaal ( VV ) , Paddy Considine ( VV ) , Sam Elliott and Katherine Ross , Sir Roger Moore ( VV )
Recently sent to :-
loads of people , mainly VV
In person successes recently :-
Emma Thompson , Alison Steadman , Larry Lamb , Neil Gaiman , Steven Moffatt , Sir Derek Jacobi , Brenda Blethyn , Bill Wyman , Ray Davies , David Moyes , Denis Law , Willem Dafoe
Favourite TTM Successes :-

Dustin Hoffman , Dean Koontz
ashleefan27
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by ashleefan27 »

ive rarely sent sase's and ive got nearly 200 autographs now i think ive only ever had one or two bk in a sase

i wouldnt worry 2 much but i guess it does depend on who u have sent too
DanaRenoMBA
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by DanaRenoMBA »

I would not say that sending a SASE is mandatory, but not sending one severly reduces your chance of success. I have occaisionally sent a request (usually by e-mail) without a SASE but always offer to pay the cost of postage. Some celebrities have responded by sending a photo at their expense, and others have sent instructions on where to send a SASE and an item to be signed.

The bottom line is send a SASE, asking a celebrity for an autograph is one thing, but asking them to asume the cost is, at least to me, too presumptious.
I have been asked many times about trading / selling some of my autographs. I am sorry but my collection is not and will not be for sale.
x hayley x
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by x hayley x »

I think it is always best to send a SASE or atleast help with the postage in some way (IRC's, money etc.) as it is unfair to make the celebrity pay.
It is particularly necessary to send a SASE when sending via venue (as I am guessing is the case with your Britney request). She and the rest of her crew would be way too busy to go out and buy stamps just to respond to your letter. I don't think I have ever seen a VV success that didn't include a SASE. Of course there may be a few lucky ones but usually a SASE is required VV.
You have more chance sending to an agency without a SASE than a venue but you will have a lot more chance of success if you do include one.
Good luck with your requests {up} :)
Thanks -Lil1- for the amazing set!
Favourite autographs: Katy Perry, Taylor Swift, Lady Antebellum, Paul Daley, Rashad Evans, Chris Leben and Ariel Helwani
Most wanted: Mariah Carey, Michelle Rodriguez, Shania Twain, Michael Bisping, GSP and Dixie Chicks
SelenaandDemiFan

Post by SelenaandDemiFan »

I have forgotten and received replies. It really depends on who you send to. Sometimes Autographs take up more than 3 weeks. I've had autograph take 6 months. It depends on how often they check their mail, and how much they sign, and what piles up.

-Selenaanddemifan
musicfan
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by musicfan »

COUPLE THINGS:

1. I Think ITs Better To Send SASE's...

2. It Makes The Celeb Feel Like YOU Expect Then To Pay For It Cuz They Have Money...

3. It Does LOWER Your Chances Of Getting Responces.

GOOD LUCK! :)

Favorite Successes:

Britney Spears (VV), Cheetah Girls, Danity Kane, Selena Gomez, Jeff Dunham (VV), and George Lopez (VV Super Success)! :)
Jaffer
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Jaffer »

If you have sent VV, I would rate it a near impossibility of getting a reply without a SASE
Best successes: Gal Gadot, Jennifer Lawrence, Catherine Zeta-Jones, Rachel McAdams

Best Responses: Freida Pinto, Gemma Arterton, Berenice Marlohe, Jeremy Renner

Recent successes: Connie Nielsen, Ursula Corbero, Daniela Melchior, Kate Beckinsale, Amber Heard