How do you store your autographs?

Need help? Tips? Tricks? This is the place to ask any questions related to autograph collecting. New collectors, post your questions here!
Melindabear2002
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Re: Where do you store your autographs

Post by Melindabear2002 »

I just use some of my photo supplies, because they are pretty much photos that need the same care. I usually get an acid free Mat Board and cut the window the size I want it. Then I use some of my acid free cover to put over it, and that's if I want to hang it up. If not then I get acid free sleeves (if its not acid free it will eventually turn the paper yellow or brown) and store then in a photo box binder.
My Autograph Collection, (If you want to ask how I got any graph please feel free to email me)
Justinsdad
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Justinsdad »

A couple of you have mentioned the dangers of framing them. It is better to mat them, but don't typically. I have several of my 8x10's framed in my house.

First off, I am a bachelor, I live by myself, so you can imagine, I'm not big on dusting. But once the outside of the picture frame is due for a little windex, I take the pictures out, windex the inside of the glass, too and leave them unframed overnight. That's to let them dry, because if you still have any moisture at all on the frame part that's touching the photo, kiss that bad boy goodbye.
I'm also a portrait artist!
Check out my work at:
http://facebook.com/ClintHedges/
ellefanning103
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by ellefanning103 »

Right now I keep all my autographs in plastic covers in a binder. I have framed a signed poster that Carly Schroeder sent me. But, one of my friends is sending me a photo album from The Netherlands that I'll put my autographs in.

Latest Success: Dakota & Elle Fanning
Latest Request: Jennie Garth
Personalized Autographs: 56
Letters: 11
Pre-Prints: 6
Un-personalized: 14
Scandiaca
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Scandiaca »

I was thinking of buying a photo album tomorrow - my autographs are smaller size than 8x10 so it should be okay... But is it fine for the autographs? I mean, most of the inner material is made of PVC and that´s not good..?
drizzt434
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

What do you do with...

Post by drizzt434 »

I am just curious as to what people do with their collections? do you frame them all, put them in a photo album, anything really original....

The coolest one i personally have is The 2008 Ford Ironman Champion signed my T-shirt after I crossed the finish line. I had the shirt professionally framed.

Does anyone have anything else unique they have done?

Another question, Within the next week or so I am hoping to get back a photo I have sent out a few times now to 8 different sopranos stars. (I make a copy each time and send the original out in case the worst happens). If I get it back with a success that means I have one more to go to be complete, I need some really good ideas to display this 4 year project. It is simply an 8x10 that has been taken to conventions, auto signings and a couple mailings. My pride and joy and i need a way to show it off. =) thanks so much everyone!
Shambler
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Re: What do you do with...

Post by Shambler »

Hi there, welcome to the boards {thumb2}

I don't do anything original with my auto's unfortunately. I just keep them in a big photo album that has plain black pages, which I think, makes the whole thing very elegant and professional looking. I usually cut out the stamps from the returned envelope and display it alongside the photo as some sort of 'authenticity proof' :lol:, and on my computer I type up a nice bordered little tag with the celeb's name, the flag of their birth country, and who they are, to stick under the auto.

I would say, frame your Soprano's photo on a black backing, and try to get the gun from their logo as a motif running alongside the auto. I can visualize it, but cant explain it so well! :)
AUTHENTIC, OR NOTHING AT ALL.
LATEST SUCCESSES : Liam Lawrence, Ashley Young, Daniel Agger
drizzt434
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by drizzt434 »

I like the clean look, there are a few I am hoping to get back that I also want to frame,
and I am so nervous about my sopranos picture, I am terrified that I won't get it back, but I figure if I don't send it out, I will always wonder if I could have finished it off.
Skye

Post by Skye »

That's really cool Shambler. I just keep mine in a binder lol. I just don't have the time and I'm too lazy to do anything else lol
Image Image Image Image Image
Latest Request:
Latest Success:
Favorite Success:
lithium
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

How do you keep your autographs?

Post by lithium »

How do you guys keep your autographs. I don't know how to store the photos properly. I've just been leaving them in the envelopes that the autographs came with.

Buying a photo album is hard since they all come in different shapes and sizes.
Shambler
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Re: How do you keep your autographs?

Post by Shambler »

There's quite a number of topics like this already in this thread Lithium. You can find storage tips in the Collecting Help thread too {thumb2}
AUTHENTIC, OR NOTHING AT ALL.
LATEST SUCCESSES : Liam Lawrence, Ashley Young, Daniel Agger