How do you store your autographs?

Need help? Tips? Tricks? This is the place to ask any questions related to autograph collecting. New collectors, post your questions here!

Moderator: admin

LARams
$10 gift certificate winner
Interests:

Re: How do you store your autographs?

Post by LARams »

Just started storing my collection that I begun. I went on Amazon to buy 8.5"x11" acid free and archival safe sheet protectors as well as Avery 4"x6" acid free sleeves that fit into a three ring binder.
Favorite Autographs: Crew of the Enola Gay, Barack Obama, Leonardo DiCaprio, Hillary Clinton, Kirk Douglas, Peyton Manning, Tiger Woods.

Check out my TTM blog with email successes! http://www.gridironshowcase.weebly.com

Let's cut the nonsense.
You don't want a blog where some guy is trying to sell you his book of TTM "secrets" or trying to beg for donations.
You don't want a blog that will give your computer cancer with ads.
Gridiron Showcase is an ad-free and non-profit blog that documents addresses that actually work.
AnonymousAutographs,
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector
Interests:

Post by AnonymousAutographs, »

Hello i use cheap frames from dollar stores, but get acid free materials to back the picture. It's cheap, easy and makes your home look great. The only downside is the room (I've been collecting since April and have about 120 autographs) they take up. I also put them in an inexpensive photo album until I get frames for them. The best thing to protect them is to not let anyone handle them, especially children. My niece rubbed some of an autograph on a drumstick that I got and I almost freaked, but luckily the artist agreed to send me another.
BeckettMckeone101
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector
Interests:

Post by BeckettMckeone101 »

I send out bookplates that I stick inside books. I collect military history autographs and a lot of the people have books.
LARams
Interests:

Post by LARams »

AnonymousAutographs, wrote:Hello i use cheap frames from dollar stores, but get acid free materials to back the picture. It's cheap, easy and makes your home look great. The only downside is the room (I've been collecting since April and have about 120 autographs) they take up. I also put them in an inexpensive photo album until I get frames for them. The best thing to protect them is to not let anyone handle them, especially children. My niece rubbed some of an autograph on a drumstick that I got and I almost freaked, but luckily the artist agreed to send me another.
One thing to keep in mind is that light will fade your autographs that you put up. So I think this is a cool idea for autographs with lower values.
Favorite Autographs: Crew of the Enola Gay, Barack Obama, Leonardo DiCaprio, Hillary Clinton, Kirk Douglas, Peyton Manning, Tiger Woods.

Check out my TTM blog with email successes! http://www.gridironshowcase.weebly.com

Let's cut the nonsense.
You don't want a blog where some guy is trying to sell you his book of TTM "secrets" or trying to beg for donations.
You don't want a blog that will give your computer cancer with ads.
Gridiron Showcase is an ad-free and non-profit blog that documents addresses that actually work.
sigsigsignify
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector
Interests:

Post by sigsigsignify »

Just started my collection a couple months back. I just store my autographs in plastic pockets inside a trapper keeper I still have from school. Probably not the BEST way to make them last, but I'll never be selling them anyway, it's just a fun hobby.
Fanmail.biz Successes: Rick Steiner, Scott Steiner, Ricky Steamboat, Dakota Kai, Peyton Manning, Dabo Swinney, Lisa Foiles, Jim Davis
Fanmail.biz RTS: 0 so far!
Waiting on: R L Stine, Brian Pillman Jr, Lexi Thompson, Disco Inferno, Melissa Joan Hart, Kurt Angle, Magnum TA, Jim Ross, Celeste Bonin, Tommy Dreamer
Annika2007
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector
Interests:

Post by Annika2007 »

This is how I store my autographs:

harisson8
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector
Interests:

Post by harisson8 »

Annika2007 wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 5:09 pm This is how I store my autographs:

Does the autograph not "stick" to the plastic? Is it easy to remove if you need it? How do you keep small autographs right in the center?
Nice collection! Congratulations! :D
Hartster
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector
Interests:

Post by Hartster »

I have a similar system, binder with sheet protectors. They don't stick to the plastic if it's archival and if it's not a paint pen. I always put a slip of paper over the paint signatures - can't see them, but prevents sticking to the plastic. I also use photo corners mounting a 5x7 onto an 8-1/2x11 backer card.
Space enthusiast w/a Sharpie! Ex-journalist. Published in British Interplanetary Society's Spaceflight and National Geographic Traveler magazines; also NASA's Scientist-Astronauts, Freedom 7: The Historic Flight of Alan B. Shepard books and contributor to The Star Trek Encyclopedia: A Reference Guide to the Future and the A Matter of Time: The Unauthorized Back to the Future Lexicon among others. Follow me at @HBSastrowardoyo, check out my astronaut and other space travelers autograph collection at https://www.flickr.com/photos/45855752@ ... 973452526/
Annika2007
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector
Interests:

Post by Annika2007 »

Hi Harisson8,

Thanks, these pictures are just some examples. I like my Villeneuve signature the most. I got it in person and seeing Jacgues in the Netherlands is a very rare opportunity. I did not expected it, but he really is a nice guy. Most Dutch racing fan don’t like him because he is not always very positive about Max verstappen 😂😂😂

At the moment the autographs do not stick at all. I use acid free plastic sheets. The ones made with markers don’t stick anyway. But it is a good idea indeed to cover your paint signatures. I am going to do this myself today 😂
harisson8
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector
Interests:

Post by harisson8 »

Thanks Hartster and Annika2007!
Annika2007 wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 2:35 am At the moment the autographs do not stick at all. I use acid free plastic sheets. The ones made with markers don’t stick anyway. But it is a good idea indeed to cover your paint signatures. I am going to do this myself today 😂
Do it! It is good to prevent! I'll do it today too! 😂