Sending a SASE to US from Canada

Need help? Tips? Tricks? This is the place to ask any questions related to autograph collecting. New collectors, post your questions here!

Moderator: admin

Zena-Xina
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector
Interests:

Sending a SASE to US from Canada

Post by Zena-Xina »

Hello all!

I'm sure this has been answered in the past but it can be kinda intimidating to search through all the tons of posts to find a correct and current answer.

So, I'd like to send an autograph request to a via Venue address for an actor for show bring filmed in Canada.

I have no problem dealing with the U.S. postal service, I just have no idea on how to get returning stamps from Canada.

Basically I would be mailing my original envelope from TX to Canada, which is no problem because I can just ask for help at the post office.

My question is what the heck kind of postage do I put on the SASE so that it can be returned to me in TX? I really want to make sure its done correctly so I increase my chance of getting it back...

Any help is greatly appreciated.
Hartster
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector
Interests:

Re: Sending a SASE to US from Canada

Post by Hartster »

If you're expecting a reply from Canada, you need Canadian stamps.

Heading off people, you can not use US Global forever stamps. Those are good as airmail stamps from the US to another country, not the other way around.
Space enthusiast w/a Sharpie! Ex-journalist. Published in British Interplanetary Society's Spaceflight and National Geographic Traveler magazines; also NASA's Scientist-Astronauts, Freedom 7: The Historic Flight of Alan B. Shepard books and contributor to The Star Trek Encyclopedia: A Reference Guide to the Future and the A Matter of Time: The Unauthorized Back to the Future Lexicon among others. Follow me at @HBSastrowardoyo, check out my astronaut and other space travelers autograph collection at https://www.flickr.com/photos/45855752@ ... 973452526/
kimmylee
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector
Interests:

Post by kimmylee »

http://www.canadapost.ca has a price calculator, price charts and you can order stamps online to be delivered to you.
NO LONGER ACTIVE
rtlighting95
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector
Interests:

Post by rtlighting95 »

You can try buying Canadian stamps online for return postage. Worse case scenario, send a few dollars and explain in your letter that it's for postage. It's not ideal but it works, I've gotten stuff from Canada like that.