Is sending a photo required?

Need help? Tips? Tricks? This is the place to ask any questions related to autograph collecting. New collectors, post your questions here!

Moderator: admin

WriteAway81
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector
Interests:

Is sending a photo required?

Post by WriteAway81 »

Hello all:

I have been writing to celebrities for many years, but I have NEVER included a photo when I write to them. I have still received many successes, but was just wondering if it was now a requirement. FYI: My most recent attempt was writing to Mr. Jason Beghe, (letter and SASE included, but NO photo.) Thank you for the input!
Hartster
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector
Interests:

Re: Is sending a photo required?

Post by Hartster »

Not a requirement, but highly recommended unless you know they send out photos (NASA astronauts.) You're asking them for a favor, and sending a photo makes it easier for them to respond - they can sign whatever you've enclosed, and then slip it into you SASE. As well, sending them a photo makes it easier that they sign something you like, rather than a film you didn't like, or an agency headshot.
Space enthusiast w/a Sharpie! Ex-journalist. Published in British Interplanetary Society's Spaceflight and National Geographic Traveler magazines; also NASA's Scientist-Astronauts, Freedom 7: The Historic Flight of Alan B. Shepard books and contributor to The Star Trek Encyclopedia: A Reference Guide to the Future and the A Matter of Time: The Unauthorized Back to the Future Lexicon among others. Follow me at @HBSastrowardoyo, check out my astronaut and other space travelers autograph collection at https://www.flickr.com/photos/45855752@ ... 973452526/