Fanmail reply advice needed!

Need help? Tips? Tricks? This is the place to ask any questions related to autograph collecting. New collectors, post your questions here!

Moderator: admin

spookycarlee
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector
Interests:

Fanmail reply advice needed!

Post by spookycarlee »

Hi there!

So I am from Canada and I placed two US forever stamps on my return envelope. I was hoping this would be enough, I sent to the following on July 3:
Henry Winkler
Sarah Bolger
Gerard Way

I haven't received a reply yet. I know it's hard to judge when they will reply as sometimes it can take up to a year. I saw someone received a reply Henry Winkler in September. Do you think I should just get US global stamps and send a another letter or just wait a few more months?
BossC
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector
Interests:

Re: Fanmail reply advice needed!

Post by BossC »

This hobby can take a lot of time. I’d give it a while more time if I were you.

International postage can be a bit confusing let me see if I can help.

Did you send a photo? If so what size?

A small to 6x9(inches) envelope from the US to Canada is 1.15 in postage or a USA round forever stamp for international mail.

A larger envelope I have to put 2.50 or 2.75 in stamps on it depending on weight.

BossC
spookycarlee
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector
Interests:

Post by spookycarlee »

BossC wrote:This hobby can take a lot of time. I’d give it a while more time if I were you.

International postage can be a bit confusing let me see if I can help.

Did you send a photo? If so what size?

A small to 6x9(inches) envelope from the US to Canada is 1.15 in postage or a USA round forever stamp for international mail.

A larger envelope I have to put 2.50 or 2.75 in stamps on it depending on weight.

BossC
Thanks so much for the help! It’s very appreciated!

I did not send my own photo.

I’ll check the envelope size but it was definitely on the smaller size. I want to say 6 by 9 but it might possibly be 5 by 7. I used a standard Canadian to US postal stamp. So the 1.15 one!

On the return envelope I placed two US forever stamps. I hoped that would be enough as the envelope was smaller.
kimmylee
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector
Interests:

Post by kimmylee »

2 US Forever stamps wasn't enough as it costs $1.15 for a small 1oz letter to Canada. The stamps you used are worth $0.50 each.

You might still get it back though, or the celeb may add more postage. Both have happened.
NO LONGER ACTIVE