Fanmail reply advice needed!

Need help? Tips? Tricks? This is the place to ask any questions related to autograph collecting. New collectors, post your questions here!
spookycarlee
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Fanmail reply advice needed!

Post by spookycarlee »

Hi there!

So I am from Canada and I placed two US forever stamps on my return envelope. I was hoping this would be enough, I sent to the following on July 3:
Henry Winkler
Sarah Bolger
Gerard Way

I haven't received a reply yet. I know it's hard to judge when they will reply as sometimes it can take up to a year. I saw someone received a reply Henry Winkler in September. Do you think I should just get US global stamps and send a another letter or just wait a few more months?
BossC
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Re: Fanmail reply advice needed!

Post by BossC »

This hobby can take a lot of time. I’d give it a while more time if I were you.

International postage can be a bit confusing let me see if I can help.

Did you send a photo? If so what size?

A small to 6x9(inches) envelope from the US to Canada is 1.15 in postage or a USA round forever stamp for international mail.

A larger envelope I have to put 2.50 or 2.75 in stamps on it depending on weight.

BossC
spookycarlee
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by spookycarlee »

BossC wrote:This hobby can take a lot of time. I’d give it a while more time if I were you.

International postage can be a bit confusing let me see if I can help.

Did you send a photo? If so what size?

A small to 6x9(inches) envelope from the US to Canada is 1.15 in postage or a USA round forever stamp for international mail.

A larger envelope I have to put 2.50 or 2.75 in stamps on it depending on weight.

BossC
Thanks so much for the help! It’s very appreciated!

I did not send my own photo.

I’ll check the envelope size but it was definitely on the smaller size. I want to say 6 by 9 but it might possibly be 5 by 7. I used a standard Canadian to US postal stamp. So the 1.15 one!

On the return envelope I placed two US forever stamps. I hoped that would be enough as the envelope was smaller.
kimmylee
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by kimmylee »

2 US Forever stamps wasn't enough as it costs $1.15 for a small 1oz letter to Canada. The stamps you used are worth $0.50 each.

You might still get it back though, or the celeb may add more postage. Both have happened.
NO LONGER ACTIVE