Question for anyone who has sent from US to UK

Need help? Tips? Tricks? This is the place to ask any questions related to autograph collecting. New collectors, post your questions here!
jamess417
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Question for anyone who has sent from US to UK

Post by jamess417 »

So recently I sent off to Hayley Atwell in the UK. I included a SASE, however, I wasn't able to put postage as the post office workers told me they didn't have the UK stamps for sending back to the US.

What are the chances of getting a reply with no postage on the sase?

Thanks!
Hartster
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Re: Question for anyone who has sent from US to UK

Post by Hartster »

Depends on whether the person wants to front the postage.

US Post Offices do not sell postage stamps for countries outside the US. For UK stamps, either try eBay, Royal Mail online (don't know if they'll ship overseas, though; I do know Canada Post will for Canadian stamps) or someone here.

US Post Offices also do not sell IRCs anymore.

Despite what some people may think, Global stamps sold in the US are good only for airmail letters _from_ the US. Some may gotten away with using them as stamps for a SASE. But the majority of times, Global US stamps cannot be used from countries outside the US.
Space enthusiast w/a Sharpie! Ex-journalist. Published in British Interplanetary Society's Spaceflight and National Geographic Traveler magazines; also NASA's Scientist-Astronauts, Freedom 7: The Historic Flight of Alan B. Shepard books and contributor to The Star Trek Encyclopedia: A Reference Guide to the Future and the A Matter of Time: The Unauthorized Back to the Future Lexicon among others. Follow me at @HBSastrowardoyo, check out my astronaut and other space travelers autograph collection at https://www.flickr.com/photos/45855752@ ... 973452526/