Celebrity Photos?

Need help? Tips? Tricks? This is the place to ask any questions related to autograph collecting. New collectors, post your questions here!
jamess417
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Celebrity Photos?

Post by jamess417 »

Hi,

I was wondering, where does everyone buy photos/prints of various actors?

I'm unsure of where I could buy small prints to send via fan mail.
Thanks!
raymond65
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Re: Celebrity Photos?

Post by raymond65 »

Why don't you print them yourself from the internet. If you got a good printer and goog ink, it should work. I've printed many hundreds through the years.....
northwellguy
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by northwellguy »

raymond65 wrote:Why don't you print them yourself from the internet. If you got a good printer and goog ink, it should work. I've printed many hundreds through the years.....
Exactly
Printers are very cheap now ($40-50), get some quality photo paper, and away you go.
Successes? --- too many to count - pm me and I can help with an address if I have it and it worked. Feel free to ask.
spacedracula
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by spacedracula »

I get all mine printed at walmart. Find a nice pic on the web, upload it to them, print it in matte. You get it in about a week. Anyone that tells you "thats illegal" is just being a drama queen.
Hartster
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Hartster »

spacedracula wrote:Anyone that tells you "thats illegal" is just being a drama queen.
Ah, no. All photos except ones specifically marked as public domain belong to the person who took the photo. Chances are, you won't get stopped. But legally, they and other places can refuse to print the photos unless you have a release from the photographer or can prove they're public domain. Just because it's on the internet doesn't mean it's free to get printed.

And no, it doesn't matter if it's for personal use. 'Fair use' is something different.

I look for and buy press photos or lithographs to get signed.
Space enthusiast w/a Sharpie! Ex-journalist. Published in British Interplanetary Society's Spaceflight and National Geographic Traveler magazines; also NASA's Scientist-Astronauts, Freedom 7: The Historic Flight of Alan B. Shepard books and contributor to The Star Trek Encyclopedia: A Reference Guide to the Future and the A Matter of Time: The Unauthorized Back to the Future Lexicon among others. Follow me at @HBSastrowardoyo, check out my astronaut and other space travelers autograph collection at https://www.flickr.com/photos/45855752@ ... 973452526/
spacedracula
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by spacedracula »

Hartster is 100% right, technically speaking.
Sorry my dude, didnt mean to imply you were drama royalty! Apologies!
I personally think though they do fall under fair use, unless you were selling the reproductions commercially, but that is a debate we have endlessly argued over! :D