Help choosing online pic hosting site

Need help? Tips? Tricks? This is the place to ask any questions related to autograph collecting. New collectors, post your questions here!
Toecutter
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Help choosing online pic hosting site

Post by Toecutter »

In the past, when showing family and friends my autographs, I pulled out the binders in which they're kept.
Now I have a much larger collection and the only way to make it possible for them all to be viewed is to scan and upload, then give them a password to view the album.

I use Photobucket. It was a cinch to use and let me categorize the pics any way I wanted.
My fave feature was "Order by: Sort Manually," which let me move a pic I just scanned and uploaded into any position in my album.

Two years ago they did away with that feature, despite repeatedly telling me they were working on it:
"This is a known issue affecting several users and our engineering team is troubleshooting the problem. We will get this resolved as soon as we can!"

My issue, as I described to their support team:
"Whenever I upload new pics (which are scans) I use "Sort Manually" to place them exactly where I want. Otherwise, they just appear at the end of the library.

Then I click "Done," and when I go back to the Library's page the new pics are sorted where I had placed them, and the page is Ordered by Custom. Great, so far.

The problem, now, is that if I refresh this page, or click on another link on the page, (and then return to it) or view my library as a Guest, the newly-uploaded pics still appear at the end of the library and NOT where I had placed them using the Sort Manually function."

So, now, I'm looking for another online host that's
1. Free, and
2. Allows me to sort my pics in any order I want.

Any ideas on this? Presently I'd have to rename any photo already uploaded to make room for new ones.
Or, with the originals kept on my computer which are constantly renamed and ordered, I'd have to delete my current album, then re-upload the newest version.