Help sending photos from UK to USA

Need help? Tips? Tricks? This is the place to ask any questions related to autograph collecting. New collectors, post your questions here!
Elliot
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Help sending photos from UK to USA

Post by Elliot »

This is my first time sending fanmail and I'm looking for help and instructions. I live in the UK and would like to send a letter and a photo to Betty White for her to sign and then send back to me in the UK. What is the simplest way to do this? Thanks in advance for any help.
kimmylee
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Re: Help sending photos from UK to USA

Post by kimmylee »

Two options.

Step 1.

Visit www.usps.com which has a calculator to price your return envelope.

Step 2.

Get hold of some paper US currency from a bank, travel agent etc and include enough to cover return postage.

Or

Buy these stamps from the USPS eBay shop :
https://www.ebay.com/itm/USPS-New-Moon- ... 33b708970f

And use them on your return envelope. $11.50 divided by 10= $1.15 per stamp.

Then take your request to a Post Office to have them weigh it and pay for postage here.
NO LONGER ACTIVE
Mark_467
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Re: Help sending photos from UK to USA

Post by Mark_467 »

I live in Ireland and what I do it go on the United States Postal Service ebay website and buy the stamps called "Forever Stamps". Just remember that you will need 3 forever stamps on your return envelope (large envelope)
2018 Success's [58]: Judi Dench(2) ,Johnny Marr, Martin Freeman, Simon Pegg,Conan O Brien(2), Car Seat Headrest, Leo Varadkar (Irish Prime Minister), Gay Byrne, Matt Damon(2), Greg Davies, Graham Norton(2), Ryan Tubridy, Paul Weller, Franz Ferdinand, Wild Beasts,Tom Hanks, Justin Trudeau, Bruce Dern, Aaron Eckhart, Seth MacFarlane,Sam Elliott, Nick Frost, Lochlyn Munro, Jeff Goldblum, Demián Bichir,Ed Asner, Alex Jones, Tim Allen, Jimmy Carter, Phillip Schofield & Holly Willoughby, Patricia Franklin, Aslan (The Band), David Attenborough, Whoopi Goldberg, Bryan Ferry(2), Sean Bean, Clint Hill, Martin Sheen, The Vaccines (The Band), Steven Ogg, Hugh Bonneville, Ricky Gervais, Blossoms (The Band), Michael Caine,Charles Bradley,Beck, Henry Winkler, Craig T Nelson, Kevin Nelon,Post Malone, Jeremy Bulloch.