Did I did well to send a new mail ?

Need help? Tips? Tricks? This is the place to ask any questions related to autograph collecting. New collectors, post your questions here!
Tumulus
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Did I did well to send a new mail ?

Post by Tumulus »

Hey,

I sent an autograph request to the english actress Jenna Coleman 8 months ago.I haven't received answers, I don't know if she was busy or something, there are not too much news about this actress.

I didn't think about it, and then, I noticed that it was 8 months ago I sent my request. I guess something happened to the mail, no ? So I sent a new request few days ago, I used a smaller envelope and taked a tracking, because it's quite expensive to send from my country to England, so maximize the chances ...

I did well or the actress will think that I'm too insistent ? Especially that the first time, I was unfamiliar with the fanmail and I sent two different mails because for the first one I had forgotten the stamps on the SASE. :mrgreen:

But I think, even if she saw my mails, she probably forgot because it was 8 months ago.

What do you think ?
kimmylee
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Re: Did I did well to send a new mail ?

Post by kimmylee »

Mail gets forwarded on to actors but not necessarily seen in the order it was received. It can get put in boxes and mixed up etc, the actors can be in various countries filming and not deal with fanmail for some time.

I've seen reports here of fanmail replies counted in years not months. That is common. My own record was three years!

The actress probably won't notice you've sent more than one request as she must get an awful lot, too many names to remember.
NO LONGER ACTIVE
Tumulus
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Re: Did I did well to send a new mail ?

Post by Tumulus »

kimmylee wrote:Mail gets forwarded on to actors but not necessarily seen in the order it was received. It can get put in boxes and mixed up etc, the actors can be in various countries filming and not deal with fanmail for some time.

I've seen reports here of fanmail replies counted in years not months. That is common. My own record was three years!

The actress probably won't notice you've sent more than one request as she must get an awful lot, too many names to remember.
Thank you for your answer.

In fact, I relied on tutorial that said you could try again after 6-8 months. And I watched the feedback on this actress, the most recent is from 2014, and, she taked overall, between 3months and 8months. I saw a single feedback with 1 year of waiting.

It will be sad if she refuses to answer me because I sent several requests, but I think you're right, she must have so many letters that she will not notice. I put a little message to say that I already sent but that I was afraid that the mail was lost etc. Even if I think she will not read the letter but it was my pleasure to write what I thought of her work ^^

I hope this last attempt will be more fruitful ! It's the first time I try to get autographs, I'm patient, I hope one day to receive an answer because I really like this actress.