Fan Mail (Tips)

Need help? Tips? Tricks? This is the place to ask any questions related to autograph collecting. New collectors, post your questions here!
kingdollarb
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Fan Mail (Tips)

Post by kingdollarb »

Hello Everyone!

A couple years back I have started using this website to start writing fan mail to some of my favorite celebrities. I've taken breaks and then picked back up writing again due to the fact that I've had no responses what so ever. I've figured I would give it another try. I've been sending stamps along with my letters hoping for a response but no luck. could you guys give me tips based on what I should send along in my letters or include in them? thank you so much!
CWill97
$10 gift certificate winner
$10 gift certificate winner

Re: Fan Mail (Tips)

Post by CWill97 »

kingdollarb wrote:Hello Everyone!

A couple years back I have started using this website to start writing fan mail to some of my favorite celebrities. I've taken breaks and then picked back up writing again due to the fact that I've had no responses what so ever. I've figured I would give it another try. I've been sending stamps along with my letters hoping for a response but no luck. could you guys give me tips based on what I should send along in my letters or include in them? thank you so much!
When you send a request, make sure you send a SASE. It's a self-addressed stamped envelope. Put the stamps on the envelope addressed to yourself that's bent/folded in the outside envelope rather than making them have to put stamps on themselves.

Try to include your own photos. Most celebrities will NOT provide their own photos/objects to be signed. Print out your own. I suggest Amazon Prints, Snapfish, Walmart, Walgreens, CVS, and Shutterfly.

I personally am a believer that you should type letters instead of handwrite. It's easier for celebrities to read typing than handwriting obviously. Plus, you won't have to re-write some sections of your letters if you copy and paste. Obviously, you'll have to write about each celebrities' impact on you differently, but info on about you and requesting their signature can just be copy and pasted because it gets rather redundant.

Try to send out to lesser known people along with higher listed celebs. The less popular one is, the less mail they get. Common sense haha. You'll get more successes that way plus still target some of your favorites.

I suggest trying to collect in subgroups. A lot of people target Walking Dead, Star Wars, Game of Thrones, voice actors, etc. Try to focus on a couple and go all out. My issue is that I go for everything so I have such a scattered collection :')))) But, whatever you decide to do, I wish you all the luck and success in the world!!

I hope this has helped because it took some time to type out!
EVERY REQUEST INCLUDES A SASE, INDEX CARD FOR "SLIGHT" PROTECTION AND LOR!!

NONE OF MY AUTOGRAPHS ARE FOR SALE!!! THEY ARE FOR MY PERSONAL COLLECTION ONLY!!!

Autograph collecting is a hobby of mine. It is not meant to be anything for profit nor beyond my enjoyment. I only send out to people I have deep respect for in their profession/field. I send out to the following but not limited to: professional/college athletes/coaches, actors/actresses from TV shows, artists/authors, voice actors/actresses, and any other random celebrity I love/respect. I try to respect everyone's privacy the best I can.

Feel free to private message me about anything. I'm always willing to help if I can. Just do not demand addresses/advice. Be chill about it and I'll definitely be of some help! Aggression and entitlement gets nothing.

Best advice I can give everyone about autograph collecting through the mail are the 3 P's:

BE POLITE!!!
BE POSITIVE!!!
BE PATIENT!!!