unintentionally creepy?

Need help? Tips? Tricks? This is the place to ask any questions related to autograph collecting. New collectors, post your questions here!
Charlothevet
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

unintentionally creepy?

Post by Charlothevet »

Hello Everyone!

My name is Charlotte and I'm new here :)
recently I decided to send a letter, a little bit of fan art along with my request for an autograph to my favourite actor from Gotham(in USA)... but I'm worried that I did something a bit creepy!

Basically- the letter itself is really nice- no creepy or pervy things in there, just purely admiration and thanks... but, I live in the Uk and today I learned (when I came to post my mail to them) that I cannot get an International return voucher or an international stamp for my return envelope. I panicked and sent it anyway, went back to work (I'm a vet) and part way through a stitch up thought "crap..I don't want to be ruse and just assume to get something for nothing..."
So I went back to the post office and asked for my letter back to put in some dollars to pay the agent/ the actor for the stamp - as it only seemed polite... the letter had already been collected... so I sent another letter with a quick message as to why i was sending the money (realised it might seem rude to send a none paid for addressed envelope), referred to my previous letter and apologised if this one was read first and made no sense without the other. Sent it. Felt better....
then started to think about it and cringed so hard...

Do you think it will be ok? I feel like I'm a massive British stereo-type doing weird things to try and prevent rudeness ...but then looking like a crazy person in the process :oops: :razz: :lol:
peterslawford
$10 gift certificate winner

Re: unintentionally creepy?

Post by peterslawford »

I don't think that it's creepy at all, but I doubt that the actor's agent or whoever reads his fanmail is going to be able to find and connect your original letter with your new one considering the vast quantities of mail that he probably gets and has to go through. What I'd suggest is to just be patient as he might be kind enough to pay for the return postage, and if you don't get anything back after the time that it normally takes for others to get a response for him, send him a new request and make sure to put some US stamps or dollars in next time! :)
TTM: Ann Blyth, Eva Marie Saint, Debbie Reynolds, Sophia Loren, Brigitte Bardot, Shirley MacLaine, Mary Carlisle, Barbara Eden, Don Murray, Gena Rowlands, Doris Day, Jane Powell, Nehemiah Persoff, Kathryn Grant-Crosby, Betty White, Dewey Martin, Dick Van Dyke, Marsha Hunt, Arlene Dahl
In Person: William Shatner, Robert Wagner, Diahann Carroll, Russ Tamblyn, Britt Ekland, George Chakiris
Purchased: Esther Williams, Russ Tamblyn, Julie Adams, Julie Newmar, Tyrone Power, Joan Fontaine
Waiting For: Sidney Poitier, Mia Farrow, Priscilla Presley, John Astin, Joanne Woodward, Earl Holliman, Shelley Fabares, Yvette Mimieux
Charlothevet
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Charlothevet »

peterslawford wrote:I don't think that it's creepy at all, but I doubt that the actor's agent or whoever reads his fanmail is going to be able to find and connect your original letter with your new one considering the vast quantities of mail that he probably gets and has to go through. What I'd suggest is to just be patient as he might be kind enough to pay for the return postage, and if you don't get anything back after the time that it normally takes for others to get a response for him, send him a new request and make sure to put some US stamps or dollars in next time! :)
Aw, thanks so much for the quick response :) I hope so too! I'm so new to this, so I got a bit mixed up with everything haha. <3
Morphindel
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Morphindel »

Eh, i've done it before. I'd just ignore it. If you get a response then great, if not, just send another letter in a few months
Recent Successes:
Jessica Chastain, Saoirse Ronan!<3 (TTM), Uzo Aduba, Laura Carmichael & Zawe Ashton (ip), Jane Horrocks, Gemma Arterton, Jim Broadbent, Lucy Liu, Christina Ricci, Andres Muschietti, Bill Skarsgard, and the cast of IT, Ian McKellen, Noomi Rapace (VV), MST3K/Rifftrax main cast (Mike Nelson, Bill Corbett, Kevin Murphy), Geddy Lee (ip)
LunaMellark

Post by LunaMellark »

Hey Charlotte, welcome to the forum! :)

Nooo I definitely don't think it's creepy! I agree with the previous posters, I'd wait it out a few months as they may pay the postage cost, then re-send if I haven't heard anything.

Good luck! :D

Favourite Successes: Derek Thompson, David Ames, Daniel Radcliffe (IP/VV), Evanna Lynch (IP), Colin Morgan, Amber Riley, Naya Rivera, Sarah Close, Ellie Goulding and John Boyega (VV).

Most Wanted: Tom Odell, Casualty Cast, Holby City Cast, Skins Cast, Harry Potter Cast (Rupert Grint, Bonnie Wright) Eastenders Cast, Coronation Street Cast, Hollyoaks Cast, Glee Cast and Sherlock Cast.