Do any celebrities ONLY respond to handwritten LORs?

Need help? Tips? Tricks? This is the place to ask any questions related to autograph collecting. New collectors, post your questions here!
peterslawford
$10 gift certificate winner
$10 gift certificate winner

Do any celebrities ONLY respond to handwritten LORs?

Post by peterslawford »

I definitely don't mind my handwriting, but I find it difficult to write a handwritten LOR because the loops on my 'g's and 'p's run into the next line, which makes my letters difficult to read. Because of this, I normally send well thought out, but typed letters. Most of the time I don't have any issues when I do this (and have even received some letters back from stars complimenting my writing), but the few requests that I haven't gotten back have made me wonder if there are any celebrities who only respond to handwritten LORs. If you know of any, post them below so I and other autograph seekers know in advance! :)
TTM: Ann Blyth, Eva Marie Saint, Debbie Reynolds, Sophia Loren, Brigitte Bardot, Shirley MacLaine, Mary Carlisle, Barbara Eden, Don Murray, Gena Rowlands, Doris Day, Jane Powell, Nehemiah Persoff, Kathryn Grant-Crosby, Betty White, Dewey Martin, Dick Van Dyke, Marsha Hunt, Arlene Dahl
In Person: William Shatner, Robert Wagner, Diahann Carroll, Russ Tamblyn, Britt Ekland, George Chakiris
Purchased: Esther Williams, Russ Tamblyn, Julie Adams, Julie Newmar, Tyrone Power, Joan Fontaine
Waiting For: Sidney Poitier, Mia Farrow, Priscilla Presley, John Astin, Joanne Woodward, Earl Holliman, Shelley Fabares, Yvette Mimieux
Hartster
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Re: Do any celebrities ONLY respond to handwritten LORs?

Post by Hartster »

No. Doesn't matter whether handwritten or typed, so long as it's legible. Chances are, if it's an autograph request, the handler will just scan the letter, look for the item to be signed and the SASE.
Space enthusiast w/a Sharpie! Ex-journalist. Published in British Interplanetary Society's Spaceflight and National Geographic Traveler magazines; also NASA's Scientist-Astronauts, Freedom 7: The Historic Flight of Alan B. Shepard books and contributor to The Star Trek Encyclopedia: A Reference Guide to the Future and the A Matter of Time: The Unauthorized Back to the Future Lexicon among others. Follow me at @HBSastrowardoyo, check out my astronaut and other space travelers autograph collection at https://www.flickr.com/photos/45855752@ ... 973452526/