Question about requesting an autograph.

Need help? Tips? Tricks? This is the place to ask any questions related to autograph collecting. New collectors, post your questions here!
BritishDisneyFan
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Question about requesting an autograph.

Post by BritishDisneyFan »

Do I have to send a picture for them to sign?As I am new to this website.And have sent autographs before but not using an address off of this website and when I did I just sent a letter asking for an autograph and they sent me a signed autograph back.Is it the same for addresses on this website?And so I have to Send an self addressed envelope for them to send back or will the celebrity pay for the postage on there reply.As the autographs I sent to Eastenders sent me back a letter without me sending an envelope or picture.
kimmylee
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Re: Question about requesting an autograph.

Post by kimmylee »

It's recommended to always send a stamped envelope.

Some celebs will reply without, but not all, and it's nice not to expect it when you are already asking for the autograph.

Personally I recommend always sending a photo to be signed as well. You can pick something you like that way.

EastEnders have a budget for fanmail as a corporation so that's why you got something back with just a LOR.
NO LONGER ACTIVE
Hartster
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Re: Question about requesting an autograph.

Post by Hartster »

You are asking them for a favor. Unless it's someone you know will send back a photo and pay for the postage (NASA astronauts, for one), always send a photo and a SASE.
Space enthusiast w/a Sharpie! Ex-journalist. Published in British Interplanetary Society's Spaceflight and National Geographic Traveler magazines; also NASA's Scientist-Astronauts, Freedom 7: The Historic Flight of Alan B. Shepard books and contributor to The Star Trek Encyclopedia: A Reference Guide to the Future and the A Matter of Time: The Unauthorized Back to the Future Lexicon among others. Follow me at @HBSastrowardoyo, check out my astronaut and other space travelers autograph collection at https://www.flickr.com/photos/45855752@ ... 973452526/