Obtaining UK Stamps in the U.S - Was able to Purchase

Need help? Tips? Tricks? This is the place to ask any questions related to autograph collecting. New collectors, post your questions here!
Roberta2017
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Obtaining UK Stamps in the U.S - Was able to Purchase

Post by Roberta2017 »

Hi, I just wanted to say that I was able to order stamps (international stamps, for up to 100 gram large letter), and I purchased them from the USA and gave a USA postal address to be shipped. I have not received them, but I have paid for them, and the Royal Mail person who took my order did not say anything about not sending international postage,etc. to the USA. I was told it would take 25 days for my stamps to arrive.

This is the number I called:

+44 131 316 7483 from overseas.
Phone lines are open between the hours of 8.30am and 5pm, Monday to Friday.

I looked online at the Royal Shop first so I knew exactly what value of stamp I wanted and what the price quote was.
I also had to call my Credit Card company ahead of time, to ensure they allowed the credit card transaction to go through.

I tried first to order online via the Royal Mail Shop, but was unable to do so due to some technical issues that the shop itself was having, which is why I telephoned.

(I'll update later once I actually get the stamps...)
Roberta2017
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Re: Obtaining UK Stamps in the U.S - Was able to Purchase

Post by Roberta2017 »

Confirming that I did receive the UK stamps I ordered today. Sent from Royal Mail UK to a US Address. Ordered over the phone. Hope this helps those still having difficulties finding UK stamps.
gentlemansyd
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by gentlemansyd »

I ordered from Amazon. Shipping was pricey but I was able to get some. So this is an option as well.
Most recent successes: Judi Dench, Julian Barratt, Graham Norton, Tommy James, Gary Sinise
Some Autographs received: Scott Weiland (x3), Carol Kaye, Gary Numan, Penn & Teller, Robert Shields, David Copperfield.
Sent & Waiting:a ton
LeonCamilleri
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by LeonCamilleri »

I have several British stamps if interested, as I don't send much autograph requests to the UK anymore, so I don't need as much as I have. If interested, message me :) Thanks.
Most Recent Success : Adam West

Waiting For: Bette Midler,Tim Cook,Dan Castellaneta,Seth MacFarlane,Robert Englund,Maggie Smith,Nick Jonas,Rod Stewart,Liza Minnelli,Tim Burton,Aretha Franklin,Lionel Richie (P.A.),Celine Dion (P.A.) x2,Quincy Jones (P.A.),Oprah Winfrey (P.A.), Jim Parsons, Kevin Hart,Idina Menzel,Alice Cooper,Craig Federighi, Phil Schiller,Jony Ive,Dan Riccio,The Jacksons,Bette Midler,Cher,Larry King,Jackie Chan,Ed Sheeran,Jessie J,Brian May(x2),Stevie Wonder,George Martin,Whoopi Goldberg,Eddy Cue,James Earl Jones(x2),Sam Smith,Tom Hanks,Emma Watson,Al Pacino(x2),Bruce Willis,Macklemore,Ryan Lewis,Adam West(x3),Bruce Springsteen,George Lucas,Jennifer Hudson,Reggie Fils-Aime(x2)

Most Wanted: Celine Dion,Tim Cook,Seth MacFarlane,Michael Jackson,Amy Winehouse,Steve Jobs
Roberta2017
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Roberta2017 »

LeonCamilleri wrote:I have several British stamps if interested, as I don't send much autograph requests to the UK anymore, so I don't need as much as I have. If interested, message me :) Thanks.
Thanks for letting us know.