Need help? Tips? Tricks? This is the place to ask any questions related to autograph collecting. New collectors, post your questions here!
Glunkothy
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Glunkothy »

I've been wanting to do this for a while.
However, I'd really appreciate some tips on how to go about getting the autographs?
Thank you in advance
mikesautos
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Re: Newbie

Post by mikesautos »

collecting autographs EXPENSIVE - Buying photos , Postage ect ... Good luck !!!!
Glunkothy
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Glunkothy »

Am I better getting the photo's myself or just send a SAE??
DiamondDave
$10 gift certificate winner
$10 gift certificate winner

Post by DiamondDave »

mikesautos wrote:collecting autographs EXPENSIVE - Buying photos , Postage ect ... Good luck !!!!
Always so positive. :roll:
Trolls be gone!
Hartster
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Hartster »

If you want a reply, always send a photo plus a SASE. Not everybody has photos to send out, and you'll be getting a photo that you like rather than one you may not like (such as a headshot or a photo from a film you didn't enjoy.)
Space enthusiast w/a Sharpie! Ex-journalist. Published in British Interplanetary Society's Spaceflight and National Geographic Traveler magazines; also NASA's Scientist-Astronauts, Freedom 7: The Historic Flight of Alan B. Shepard books and contributor to The Star Trek Encyclopedia: A Reference Guide to the Future and the A Matter of Time: The Unauthorized Back to the Future Lexicon among others. Follow me at @HBSastrowardoyo, check out my astronaut and other space travelers autograph collection at https://www.flickr.com/photos/45855752@ ... 973452526/
goswannies
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by goswannies »

Glunkothy wrote:Am I better getting the photo's myself or just send a SAE??
I send 2 photos & suggest they keep one. Just sending a SASE is like saying "gimme gimme". If they want to include their own photo they will anyway (although there is a chance it'd only be a pre-print). If they sign your photo, better chance its original (though it could always be a sec or a fake)