sending to England help

Need help? Tips? Tricks? This is the place to ask any questions related to autograph collecting. New collectors, post your questions here!
slhs23
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

sending to England help

Post by slhs23 »

Ok everyone there is a lot of old info here and info that's confusing to try and sift through.

Can someone post the best way to end to England. Use US stamps there and US stamps on the SASE? Thanks for the help.
kimmylee
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Re: sending to England help

Post by kimmylee »

US stamps to England: Yes.
US stamps on SASE: No.

You will need UK stamps on the SASE.

They can be purchased from Amazon or eBay.

I recommend using 1st/2nd class stamps as they are like your Forever stamps.

Check out:
https://m.royalmail.com/mt/www.royalmai ... ice-finder
NO LONGER ACTIVE
Hartster
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Re: sending to England help

Post by Hartster »

Despite what some might think, and some have done, US Global forever stamps are good ONLY TO a country outside the US, not from. Some have done it and gotten away with it, but that is the exception not the rule. (Think about it: Why would the US pay for postage from another country?)

SASEs always need stamps from the country it is coming from. That is the easiest way. You can try IRCs (which are no longer available from the US), or currency (I have sent $2 or $3 US dollar bills in a pinch - but if you do send currency, make sure that the bills are relatively new. Foreign banks have a hard time changing worn bills. If you have Euro notes for a SASE from Europe, that's better than USD.)
Space enthusiast w/a Sharpie! Ex-journalist. Published in British Interplanetary Society's Spaceflight and National Geographic Traveler magazines; also NASA's Scientist-Astronauts, Freedom 7: The Historic Flight of Alan B. Shepard books and contributor to The Star Trek Encyclopedia: A Reference Guide to the Future and the A Matter of Time: The Unauthorized Back to the Future Lexicon among others. Follow me at @HBSastrowardoyo, check out my astronaut and other space travelers autograph collection at https://www.flickr.com/photos/45855752@ ... 973452526/