Pictures?

Need help? Tips? Tricks? This is the place to ask any questions related to autograph collecting. New collectors, post your questions here!
Try_gemini
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Pictures?

Post by Try_gemini »

It says include a picture, but if I'm to be honest I don't know where to begin.
I've done this when I was younger with Tim Burton and I didn't include a picture but was still given one.
So if I am to include a photo do i send one of me? Get one of the actor I want? How and where with the later option.
It's silly to ask, I apologise
Mark_467
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Re: Pictures?

Post by Mark_467 »

No its not silly at all, when sending a letter send a photograph of them that you would like them to sign whether it be them in a movie, portrait etc. Although you do not have to accompany your letter with a photo it just makes it more convenient for the celebrity when signing.
2018 Success's [58]: Judi Dench(2) ,Johnny Marr, Martin Freeman, Simon Pegg,Conan O Brien(2), Car Seat Headrest, Leo Varadkar (Irish Prime Minister), Gay Byrne, Matt Damon(2), Greg Davies, Graham Norton(2), Ryan Tubridy, Paul Weller, Franz Ferdinand, Wild Beasts,Tom Hanks, Justin Trudeau, Bruce Dern, Aaron Eckhart, Seth MacFarlane,Sam Elliott, Nick Frost, Lochlyn Munro, Jeff Goldblum, Demián Bichir,Ed Asner, Alex Jones, Tim Allen, Jimmy Carter, Phillip Schofield & Holly Willoughby, Patricia Franklin, Aslan (The Band), David Attenborough, Whoopi Goldberg, Bryan Ferry(2), Sean Bean, Clint Hill, Martin Sheen, The Vaccines (The Band), Steven Ogg, Hugh Bonneville, Ricky Gervais, Blossoms (The Band), Michael Caine,Charles Bradley,Beck, Henry Winkler, Craig T Nelson, Kevin Nelon,Post Malone, Jeremy Bulloch.
snowymail

Post by snowymail »

I usually send a HQ photo of the artist that i really like, like it could be a red carpet one or from a movie poster, or a photoshoot for a magazine... as long as it is HQ the sky is the limit!! :D
foxymcfoxington
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by foxymcfoxington »

So most autographs I have seen are pretty small, like Din-A 5 sized, like a postcard or a normal, small picture. I can print photos at home, but will the pen perhaps rub off on the inside of the envelope or something? should I wrap it in plastic?
Do you have paper-recommendations?
Sciencegeek
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Sciencegeek »

foxymcfoxington wrote:So most autographs I have seen are pretty small, like Din-A 5 sized, like a postcard or a normal, small picture. I can print photos at home, but will the pen perhaps rub off on the inside of the envelope or something? should I wrap it in plastic?
Do you have paper-recommendations?
The problem with wrapping the picture in plastic is that you may wrap it, but the person who signs it may not. And they may sign on the plastic instead of on the picture if they don't notice the plastic. And even if you send it wrapped and they wrap it after signing, if the ink is still a bit fresh and they're not careful, the result might be worse than not wrapping it at all because plastic, unlike the paper of the envelope, doesn't absorb the ink.

About the size, since you mention it, you can send whatever size you want. Of course, the smaller it is, the cheaper it is, both to print and to send, since only Din-A 6 fits in a regular envelope.

I've started printing the photos at home and I use glossy 250 g/m3 HP paper (my printer is HP). It's slightly thinner than the paper they use at photo printing shops, but the result is good. I wouldn't pick anythig thinner than that. Non-brand-specific photo paper is cheaper, but what I found available in my country wasn't really that much cheaper.