Paint Pen Issue

Need help? Tips? Tricks? This is the place to ask any questions related to autograph collecting. New collectors, post your questions here!
JMRevolution
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Paint Pen Issue

Post by JMRevolution »

Hi there,

I just got an authentic personalised Margot Robbie autograph signed with a paint pen, and its smudging, and it has been 48 hours. Fortunately I have 2 other signed autographs by Elizabeth Debicki and have been using them to gauge whether its been dry or not.

Does anyone know how to fix this problem? I've tried blow drying, I don't know what to do next.

I've never had an issue with paint pens, it might be a combination of the photo paper I printed from a store?

Thanks
LARams
$10 gift certificate winner
$10 gift certificate winner

Re: Paint Pen Issue

Post by LARams »

Out of curiosity, why do you use paint pens? There are other types that are better known for not smearing.
Favorite Autographs: Crew of the Enola Gay, Barack Obama, Leonardo DiCaprio, Hillary Clinton, Kirk Douglas, Peyton Manning, Tiger Woods.

Check out my TTM blog with email successes! http://www.gridironshowcase.weebly.com

Let's cut the nonsense.
You don't want a blog where some guy is trying to sell you his book of TTM "secrets" or trying to beg for donations.
You don't want a blog that will give your computer cancer with ads.
Gridiron Showcase is an ad-free and non-profit blog that documents addresses that actually work.
JMRevolution
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Re: Paint Pen Issue

Post by JMRevolution »

LARams wrote:Out of curiosity, why do you use paint pens? There are other types that are better known for not smearing.
I prefer the paint pen cause it has abit of a shine to them, I mean it's never been an issue before.

After waiting a few days, I've come to the conclusion its the paper, not the pen. I've got other autographs from a different batch, same paper, not bonding well.

I'm thinking of clear coating it.