Sir Michael Gambon

mcgonagall

Sir Michael Gambon

Post by mcgonagall »

I have written to Michael a number of times in the past couple of years with SASEs as I'm an enormous Harry Potter fan. However, I have not yet had a reply from him. Someone has previously successfully obtained his autograph by using the address I have used on a number of occasions. Therefore, I am rather confused!

Michael Gambon
C/O ICM Agency
76 Oxford Street
London
W1D 1BS

Can someone please tell me if they've had this problem or if they've, indeed, been successful . I really would appreciate it. Thanks.
McGonagall is the best!

zardozizgod
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Re: Sir Michael Gambon

Post by zardozizgod »

Hey,
I wrote to Gambon sometime @ the end of last year & recieved nothing.You're not alone.
I mailed a few dvd covers which included my out of print "Cook, Thief, Wife..." signed by Helen Mirren. Boy was that stupid of me !!!!!
This weekend is the Harry Potter premiere in Hollywood. If I get an extra index card from him
(if he's there) I will mail it to you for a trade. I share your pain, buddy.
mcgonagall

Post by mcgonagall »

I cannot believe you lost those DVD covers signed by Helen - you must have been absolutely devestated! Were they Gosford Park DVD covers by any chance?

Thanks for your offer for trading Michael's autograph if, indeed, you do get it. However, I have to alas, decline. Even though I've got a certain number of spare autographs, I believe that part of the point of collecting autographs is that they are meant for you and the celebrity is aware of you and your letter. Of course, there are some celebrities who unfortunately aren't aware of their fans and send PPs, autopens or their agents answer their mail. Obviously, I can't hep that. You may think I'm being incredibly riddiculous, stupid, or simply weird! However, that's just me!!

Thanks again for your incredibly generous and kind offer, I am immensely grateful and I do apologise. It's possible that you may not even meet him but if you do I hope you do get his autograph for yourself and have a great time at the premier!

regards

mcgonagall
McGonagall is the best!

James

Post by James »

mcgonagall wrote:However, I have to alas, decline. Even though I've got a certain number of spare autographs, I believe that part of the point of collecting autographs is that they are meant for you and the celebrity is aware of you and your letter. Of course, there are some celebrities who unfortunately aren't aware of their fans and send PPs, autopens or their agents answer their mail. Obviously, I can't hep that. You may think I'm being incredibly riddiculous, stupid, or simply weird! However, that's just me!!
You're not alone.. a very well said statement. I totally with you! :mrgreen:
dandygent
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by dandygent »

My deepest sympathies. I also sent an already signed photo (Daniel Craig in the Layer Cake) to Sir Michael with no reply what so ever, I had assumed they'd RTS or use my SASE to send it back, perhaps they're never opened. I have a spare Richard Harris if anyone does have a spare Gambon and is interested in swapping Dumbledores.
fergalk
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by fergalk »

i have got a few autographs from michael gambon over the last few years .i know the post was a few years ago but i would be interested in swapping michael gambon for richard harris if you are still interested.

fergal