Jake Gyllenhaal

jaajbu
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Re: Jake Gyllenhaal

Post by jaajbu »

Hello for everyone!

I found that topic and would like to ask one thing...

People wrote rehearsals were till 16th December and J.Gyllenhaal was on Broadway... I found that schedule as well http://boxoffice.broadway.com/CalPoh/In ... B431138AD1 and it is obvious he act on Broadway almost every single day, is not it?

So, it does make sense still to send request to him, does not it?
njkelly
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by njkelly »

I wrote Jake c/o the play a few weeks back, still have not heard anything
redgravedisciple
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by redgravedisciple »

it is extremely rare that he responds. And when he did, it was just a few. You can send something, but don't EXPECT something to come back. Even Michael C. Hall stopped signing after a while with his plays. They may be there 6 days a week for 8 performances, but that doesn't mean they'll sign. Last time, if memory is correct, he signed when his off-Broadway play was OVER.
auto37
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by auto37 »

redgravedisciple wrote:it is extremely rare that he responds. And when he did, it was just a few. You can send something, but don't EXPECT something to come back. Even Michael C. Hall stopped signing after a while with his plays. They may be there 6 days a week for 8 performances, but that doesn't mean they'll sign. Last time, if memory is correct, he signed when his off-Broadway play was OVER.
Michael hasn't stopped responding and of all the ones on Broadway he's been the quickest to return! He's amazing with his fans in-person or by mail. Hopefully Jake will respond, and if not, IP will be the way to go!
redgravedisciple
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Agree, Michael is great to his fans. As for Jake, IP is not always the way to go. There are plenty of stories I've read online where he just skips fans or flat out refuses. When I saw him for his last play, I was told he was now only signing Playbills. There were 4 other people waiting for him and so I just had my Playbill signed. I waited for him the next day and was the ONLY person and when he walked by I showed him ONE photo and asked and he ignored me and an usher from the theater suddenly jumped out and stood in front of me. So IP for Jake isn't even a guarantee.
auto37
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by auto37 »

Wow that really sucks regarding Jake. I wonder why he's got to be like that. Bryan Cranston too could only sign playbills but he was definitely not rude about it. I had a perfect Walter White photo I wanted signed, but he couldn't so instead I asked if he could sign my blank piece of paper... and he did! Made my day and was one of the nicest we've met. I can understand not wanting to sign for the auto hounds that are out there every week, but for once in a lifetime opportunity fans it means all the world!
redgravedisciple
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

It truly does mean the world. Especially when a person pays X amount of money to travel, lodge and see the play. I can understand when there are crowds of people or even a person with 5+ items that they must decline or set a limit, but to completely ignore...

I even don't mind autograph hounds because they sell to a fan who doesn't have the means to get one in person and seriously, what does it hurt them? Time constraints are the only excuse in my opinion (as well as sheer mass volume of request). When I met Al Pacino, he signed for a bunch of people and posed for photos. Took him 3 minutes in total to do it. Not everyone that probably wanted one got it, but he still made time (and there were LOTS of people). One person for Jake told me (he was just an autograph collector for himself. Young guy, nice guy) told me that if you had your ticket to the play exposed he'd probably more prone to sign. That usher or whoever it was quickly made us put every thing away though.
GeorginaTaylor
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by GeorginaTaylor »

Hi,
Are there somebody, how knows Jake's new adress? Or is the old fanmail adress (Wildshire) good? Thanks babys
GeorginaTaylor
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by GeorginaTaylor »

Hi,
Are there somebody, how knows Jake's new adress? Or is the old fanmail adress (Wildshire) good? Thanks babys