David Letterman - has anyone SENT an item to Dave?

Justin
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

David Letterman - has anyone SENT an item to Dave?

Post by Justin »

Like many here, I've recieved the standard signed 8x10 from Dave through the fax/email request online. But has anyone actually SENT him an item for him to sign and gotten a success?

Would be interested to know.
NathanP107
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Re: David Letterman - has anyone SENT an item to Dave?

Post by NathanP107 »

Funny you posted this today.... A few weeks ago I sent to Dave, I sent an 8x10 Sase lor. I received in my Sase my 8x10 unsigned and the usual 8x10 everyone gets through fax and email...so I guess no matter how you do it...you get the same results. The funny part is, I received it in the mail today...
John2385
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by John2385 »

I mailed to Dave 2 years ago 2 pictures. Of his racing,teamafter they won the indy 50b0 and the other a black and white photo. He mailed back the racing photo back signed the other unsigned and his usual color photo signed... I dont know if its becausei live in Indianapolis that he signed it or wht?
Justin
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Justin »

NathanP107 wrote:Funny you posted this today.... A few weeks ago I sent to Dave, I sent an 8x10 Sase lor. I received in my Sase my 8x10 unsigned and the usual 8x10 everyone gets through fax and email...so I guess no matter how you do it...you get the same results. The funny part is, I received it in the mail today...
Interesting, Nathan. Thanks for the input. It's funny...with all the talk show hosts (Dave, Jay, Conan)...I rarely see any successes with items that people have sent to them. It's always been the standard 8x10 sent back. You'd think they'd be happy to sign something that a fan has sent to them?
John2385 wrote:I mailed to Dave 2 years ago 2 pictures. Of his racing,teamafter they won the indy 50b0 and the other a black and white photo. He mailed back the racing photo back signed the other unsigned and his usual color photo signed... I dont know if its becausei live in Indianapolis that he signed it or wht?
Hmm..that racing team is very special to him. Perhaps that is what made him want to sign your pic? Haha maybe the Indy reference too...who knows!

Do we know for certain that the standard 8x10s are real signatures and not autopen or secreterial? I assumed they were real. Haven't really heard anyone question it either. I wonder if I should mention in my letter how I had received the 8x10 but would love to get my item signed. I truely would love to have it back signed and hung on my wall. Thoughts?
nathansautos
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by nathansautos »

i just posted this today:

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=213170