Playbill Collectors

You can also post suggestions, comments to the fanmail.biz database managers here. Do not post your feedback here. Do not request a celebrity address here.
sgv123
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Re: Playbill Collectors

Post by sgv123 »

if anyone wants to trade,sell, or buy. pm me for my list of playbills and flyers. thanks!

xpqtza89@yahoo.com
drewbaby
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by drewbaby »

I just started awhile back. All are signed with highlighted performers in parentheses and were obtained in person, with several exceptions of several individual performers through the mail. I saw most of the shows, but occasionally I snuck one without seeing the show or bought one from eBay. I will * the shows I saw

Spamalot (Clay only)
November (waiting on Nathan Lane VV)
Young Frankenstein
Avenue Q*
Xanadu*
Frost/Nixon* (Frank Langella, Michael Sheen)
A Moon for the Misbegotten* (Kevin Spacey)
Year of Magical Thinking* (Vanessa Redgrave)
Chicago (Bebe Neuwirth)
Producers (Tony Danza)
Spring Awakening* - obc
Vertical Hour* (Bill Nighy, Julianne Moore)
Little Dog Laughed* (Julie White, Tom Everett Scott)
Faith Healer* (Ralph Finnes)
History Boys* (no signatures)

I also got one for that Angela Lansbury/Marian Seldes play whose name escapes me from last summer VV.
TheScarletPimpernel

Post by TheScarletPimpernel »

Shouldn't you know becuase you have the playbill? (Haha), but I believe you're in reference to "DUECE," if I'm not mistaken.
WONDERLAND:Alice's New Musical Adventure enjoyed a short, but sweet run on Broadway in Spring of 2011!

-- GREG :D
TheScarletPimpernel

Updated! Got in some new ones in the past couple of days...
WONDERLAND:Alice's New Musical Adventure enjoyed a short, but sweet run on Broadway in Spring of 2011!

monsoon
$10 gift certificate winner

Post by monsoon »

How much postage should I put on the SASE? I live in the USA. And how big is the playbill?
TheScarletPimpernel

The postage is anywhere between $.60 to $.82 ... So I usually put on two and if they think that it needs more they usually add one or two. It just varies sometimes because sometimes the playbills (which are technically magazines) have tons of ads, or if they have a large cast are generally bigger.

And I don't actually know the exact size of a playbill. I'll figure it out though later if no one else does before me.

Best of luck!

monsoon

Post by monsoon »

Is the playbill less than 6.5"x9.5"? That's what they sell at Office Depot. The 9x12 envelope is too big. The mailmen can shake it and damage it.
TheScarletPimpernel

I hate to say this--but usually if I'm sending it to the stage manager, I don't generally send a SASE (Sometimes I do send stamps). But if you're sending it to a specific person, it's best to send the SASE.

The average playbill size is: 8.5 inches long, 5.5 inches width. Unless your sending it to an "Encores! at the City Center" (Like LuPone's Gypsy last summer there) or sometimes touring productions (Wicked always does a playbill however) won't have the same playbills. However, all Broadway shows do the same measurement ones.

Best of luck!

Skye

Post by Skye »

philly0330 wrote:I hate to say this--but usually if I'm sending it to the stage manager, I don't generally send a SASE (Sometimes I do send stamps). But if you're sending it to a specific person, it's best to send the SASE.

The average playbill size is: 8.5 inches long, 5.5 inches width. Unless your sending it to an "Encores! at the City Center" (Like LuPone's Gypsy last summer there) or sometimes touring productions (Wicked always does a playbill however) won't have the same playbills. However, all Broadway shows do the same measurement ones.

Best of luck!
So if you're sending to the cast you don't have to send a sase?
Image Image Image Image Image
Latest Request:
Latest Success:
Favorite Success:
TheScarletPimpernel

Yeah, I haven't yet and I've gotten several. I have only twice. Once to the Whistle Down the Wind Tour (you should always do it for a touring production) and Spamalot, becuase I requested two signed playbills.

Otherwise, as long as you address it to the Stage Manager or "Cast & Crew," I usually just send about two stamps (unless I know the playbill will be larger heavier (Les Mis)) with my note of request, and other than The Little Mermaid (It may have been the address -- or no SASE) and Wicked (They get sooooo many letters everyday), all my other ones have come back within 7 - 10 days on average. (Phantom of the Opera being the shortest at 7!)