Harry Potter

You can also post suggestions, comments to the fanmail.biz database managers here. Do not post your feedback here. Do not request a celebrity address here.
Elyse55
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Re: Harry Potter

Post by Elyse55 »

Does anyone have advice on paying UK postage if you live in the US? The website says to send IRCs, but one post on this forum says they aren’t accepted anymore. Some say send dollar bills, others say send no postage, or buy UK stamps online. Any advice on the best method?

If I do buy UK postage, should I buy Letter stamps or Large Letter stamps, and how many do I need to put on the SASE?
il0veseamushp
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by il0veseamushp »

Elyse55 wrote:Does anyone have advice on paying UK postage if you live in the US? The website says to send IRCs, but one post on this forum says they aren’t accepted anymore. Some say send dollar bills, others say send no postage, or buy UK stamps online. Any advice on the best method?

If I do buy UK postage, should I buy Letter stamps or Large Letter stamps, and how many do I need to put on the SASE?
i normally send 2-3$ USD so they can pay for postage..
Check out my interview with Alexander Ludwig aka Cato from The Hunger Games

Click here to GO TO MY AUTOGRAPH INSTAGRAM ACCOUNT!

FOLLOW MY AUTOGRAPH TUMBLR

Click the Picture to go to my Autograph Page on Facebook

MOST WANTED --> Harry Potter - Hunger Games - Glee - Disney - Twilight Saga - Divergent - a few select TV shows!

Harry Potter: 79 autographs from 40 cast members
Hunger Games: 84 autographs from 49 cast members
Glee: 20 autographs from 16 cast Members
Twilight Saga: 10 autograph from 8 cast member
Disney: 19 autographs from 16 people
Other: 274 autographs from 182 people
Total: 486 autographs from 311 people
LizzietheCollector
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by LizzietheCollector »

Got Emma Thompson today :)
Autographs: Daniel Radcliffe, Pauley Perrette, Disney Princesses, Mary Costa, James Marsters, Doug Brochu, Heather Brewer, Robert Axelrod, Beth Revis, Judge Judy, Tara Strong, Josh Dallas, Helen McCrory, Zachary Levi, Maggie Smith, Jesse McCartney, Jodi Benson, Yuri Lowenthal, Michael Rosenbaum, Richard Armitage, Henry Cavill(sec?), Zoe Wanamaker, Jeremy Renner, Nicholas Hoult, Davo Okeniyi, Kenneth Branagh, Emma Thompson and a bunch of anime voice actors.

Autograph Website: http://lizziesautographs.weebly.com/
SamAutographs

Post by SamAutographs »

Received Matthew Lewis
jasongr1
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by jasongr1 »

Lots of show news with Harry Potter guests and how to pre order their autographs.

https://www.facebook.com/Pottergraphs/
FCM
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by FCM »

Gertyke wrote:I don't exactly know...
I heard somewhere (not sure) that he doesn't sign them because he doesn't want them to end up on ebay ...?
It may be likely that his role as Snape is popular and he thinks it defines the person or actor he is. Actors that are extremely famous for a certain role often don't like it because they think it defines them. (Take Harrison Ford as Han Solo, for example. :neutral: )

This whole post and its replies are neat! I'm into Harry Potter and would love getting some of their autographs. Thanks for saying who's good at what, Gertyke!

Does Emma Watson do even pre-prints? I know Daniel Radcliffe does and might do an autograph vv, but it seems Emma Watson does nothing. :( I'd also like to get her autograph for her playing Belle. Some of her singing was edited on a computer and sometimes obviously not real singing, but she was tricked into doing it live, and it appears to have been recorded at the time. Her singing is so pretty. {??} https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z3TR-Gfj9Yo

Does anyone know how many second-class UK stamps I should use if I'm sending a 4x6 photo in a letter-sized envelope? I'm from the US. I heard two second-class stamps would work, but something might be added in the envelope, like my letter sent back (that happened with Simone Biles), which would change the weight. Would I add another stamp, or is there a limit to how many of what class stamps you should use? I'm sure some of y'all have had experience. ;-)
I love hearing others' opinions! However, before you start commenting, please read this carefully: I welcome opinions but will not obey orders and suggestions. So, please don't say, "Toss that in the trash," or, "Frame the autograph right away," etc. I understand that you're sharing what you'd do, but you can't make me do what you order--what I received in the mail is mine, not yours.

LunaMellark
$10 gift certificate winner

Post by LunaMellark »

FCM wrote:
Gertyke wrote:I don't exactly know...
I heard somewhere (not sure) that he doesn't sign them because he doesn't want them to end up on ebay ...?
It may be likely that his role as Snape is popular and he thinks it defines the person or actor he is. Actors that are extremely famous for a certain role often don't like it because they think it defines them. (Take Harrison Ford as Han Solo, for example. :neutral: )

This whole post and its replies are neat! I'm into Harry Potter and would love getting some of their autographs. Thanks for saying who's good at what, Gertyke!

Does Emma Watson do even pre-prints? I know Daniel Radcliffe does and might do an autograph vv, but it seems Emma Watson does nothing. :( I'd also like to get her autograph for her playing Belle. Some of her singing was edited on a computer and sometimes obviously not real singing, but she was tricked into doing it live, and it appears to have been recorded at the time. Her singing is so pretty. {??} https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z3TR-Gfj9Yo

Does anyone know how many second-class UK stamps I should use if I'm sending a 4x6 photo in a letter-sized envelope? I'm from the US. I heard two second-class stamps would work, but something might be added in the envelope, like my letter sent back (that happened with Simone Biles), which would change the weight. Would I add another stamp, or is there a limit to how many of what class stamps you should use? I'm sure some of y'all have had experience. ;-)
Dan and Rupert both send pre-prints (as does Bonnie Wright, who plays Ginny Weasley). Emma usually doesn't reply at all TTM at all, as far as I'm aware, not even a pre-print! :(

Favourite Successes: Derek Thompson, David Ames, Daniel Radcliffe (IP/VV), Evanna Lynch (IP), Colin Morgan, Amber Riley, Naya Rivera, Sarah Close, Ellie Goulding and John Boyega (VV).

Most Wanted: Tom Odell, Casualty Cast, Holby City Cast, Skins Cast, Harry Potter Cast (Rupert Grint, Bonnie Wright) Eastenders Cast, Coronation Street Cast, Hollyoaks Cast, Glee Cast and Sherlock Cast.
LunaMellark

Post by LunaMellark »

Can confirm that if anyone is wanting to write to the Harry Potter and the Cursed Child cast, the Palace Theatre does pass on Fanmail - have received replies from Sam Clemmett (Albus) and Poppy Miller (Ginny) so far! :)

Favourite Successes: Derek Thompson, David Ames, Daniel Radcliffe (IP/VV), Evanna Lynch (IP), Colin Morgan, Amber Riley, Naya Rivera, Sarah Close, Ellie Goulding and John Boyega (VV).

Most Wanted: Tom Odell, Casualty Cast, Holby City Cast, Skins Cast, Harry Potter Cast (Rupert Grint, Bonnie Wright) Eastenders Cast, Coronation Street Cast, Hollyoaks Cast, Glee Cast and Sherlock Cast.
EdwardPeter991
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

DissertationLabs

Post by EdwardPeter991 »

Signatures: Daniel Radcliffe, Pauley Perrette, Disney DissertationLabs Princesses, Mary Costa, James Marsters, Doug Brochu, Heather Brewer, Robert Axelrod, Beth Revis, Judge Judy, Tara Strong, Josh Dallas, Helen McCrory, Zachary Levi, Maggie Smith, Jesse McCartney, Jodi Benson, Yuri Lowenthal, Michael Rosenbaum, Richard Armitage, Henry Cavill(sec?), Zoe Wanamaker, Jeremy Renner, Nicholas Hoult, Davo Okeniyi, Kenneth Branagh, Emma Thompson and a group of anime voice performing artist
steinchen

Post by steinchen »

Today I got Katie Leung's autograph via her agency. I am happy that she still answers her fanmail :)
Autographs: 269
TTM successes: 76
Unanswered letters: 59

Check out my collection on instagram <<arrow$