College Athletes?

You can also post suggestions, comments to the fanmail.biz database managers here. Do not post your feedback here. Do not request a celebrity address here.
jaash
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

College Athletes?

Post by jaash »

Does anyone have any tips on how to get TTM autographs from college athletes? There are a couple of current college football players that I would love to add to my collection, but I really don't know where to start. In checking with the program's athletic department, they do not pass mail along to their student-athletes so that's not an option. Any advice or feedback anyone may have would be appreciated!!!!
See my collection at http://jaash.webs.com
pinoygreats
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Re: College Athletes?

Post by pinoygreats »

Im not into college football but in college basketball. I believe there is a so called "no autograph" policy in NCAA. They shouldn't forward mails for autograph. One example is North Carolina coach Roy Williams. He didnt sign my card, instead sent an apology letter that they are bound to the policy. But there are successes in other schools. Syracuse's Jim Boeheim signed my card. Florida's Billy Donovan also signs. Also Rick Pitino signs. Seem like only North Carolina's following the autograph policy.
ultimateager
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by ultimateager »

pinoygreats wrote:Im not into college football but in college basketball. I believe there is a so called "no autograph" policy in NCAA. They shouldn't forward mails for autograph. One example is North Carolina coach Roy Williams. He didnt sign my card, instead sent an apology letter that they are bound to the policy. But there are successes in other schools. Syracuse's Jim Boeheim signed my card. Florida's Billy Donovan also signs. Also Rick Pitino signs. Seem like only North Carolina's following the autograph policy.
roy williams is just a prick. there is no reason coaches can't sign... they aren't on scholarship and they receive $$ for what they do. the rule only applies to the athletes because they are amatures and the autograph thing could raise some red flags that they MAY be getting paid for doing the service... which is why you do not see any college authentic autographs of the players while they are in college by the big card companies (upper deck, panini, topps, etc) but once they are drated, they are free game.
Recent Success- Amanda Beard, Peyton Manning, Shane Battier

Best TTM Success- George W Bush, Muhammad Ali, Al Kaline

Favorite IP- Gordie Howe, Frank Thomas, Joe Torre, Joe Dumars

I am the Ultimate Maurice Ager Collector

I WILL OFFER $$$ FOR ANY INFORMATION THAT LEADS ME TO A VIA-VENUE SUCCESS
jdp3577
$10 gift certificate winner
$10 gift certificate winner

Post by jdp3577 »

what schools are the players at? a lot of collages do allow autographs.
#-John-#
jaash
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by jaash »

Thanks for the feedback. I'm a big fan of the Auburn Tigers, and they have some breakout stars this year (Cam Newton, Michael Dyer) who I would like to get autographs from. I definitely understand the hesitancy of the athletic department and school officials to allow TTM autographs through the school.....there is plenty of potential for NCAA violations there. And I feel sorta weird looking for the student-athelete's home address, since they are college students and this isn't their profession (yet).....that seems a little stalker-ish. But I'm willing to try anything reasonable and respectful if anyone has suggestions. Unfortunately, I have already attended the one game this season that I am able to go to in person, so getting their signatures at a game isn't a possibility for me.

And yes, Auburn's atheletic department does pass autograph requests along to their head coaches. There are even instructions and forms to fill out on their website.....that's pretty cool, I think!
See my collection at http://jaash.webs.com
packrat

Post by packrat »

The problem is not the NCAA. The problem is the dealers. There technically isn't a ban on college athletes signing for their fans. What happened is that the dealers have in the past put the athletes' autographs up for sale and the players wound up getting quizzed on whether or not they were trying to make money -- which would ruin their amateur status. So some schools have set up a no-autograph policy to protect the players.

Don't blame the NCAA. Blame the dealers. They are the ones who ruined everything.
downtoearth
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by downtoearth »

I once sent a picture to a college athlete to get signed, but I never got a response. I think it was because it was a picture of a game in which he lost ;) The picture was amazing, aesthetically, so I would love to get it signed if at all possible.

(I got an invitation to an NCAA basketball closed practice in a few weeks, but I'm not planning to go because it's on a Tuesday in a different state.)
bravesfan1515
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by bravesfan1515 »

jaash if you are close to Auburn your best bet is the spring game. As far as the athlete TTM policy I think the SEC is pretty strict on it. Unless you buy it on eBay (from someone who met the athlete) or meet them yourself you will more than likely have to wait until draft day. On the other hand I know Colt McCoy signed TTM while still at Texas so you might try outside the SEC.
Signed Sports Illustrated Covers : 40

Sports Illustrated Covers Sent : George Foreman, Vince Young, RG3, Johnny Damon, Freddie Freeman, Ozzie Guillen, Joe Carter, Brian Wilson, Petyon Manning

Sports Illustrated Covers Received : Shaq, Trent Richardson, Tiger Woods, Dirk Nowitzki, Pat Summit, Phil Mickleson, Kellen Moore, Jerry Jones, Ed "Too Tall" Jones, Mike Eruzione, Jim Tressel, Josh Hamilton, Mark Buhrle, Bo Jackson, Courtney Upshaw + Brad Smelley, Prince Wimbly + David Palmer + Antonio Langham + Derrick Lassic, Neil Caudle + Gene Chizik, Archie Manning, Colin Peek, Mark Lemke, Hulk Hogan, Stan Musial, Jerry West, Matt Weiters, Joey Votto, Jim Thome. Jim Leyland, John Calipari, Jordy Nelson, Rudy Ruettiger, Mark Cuban,Denard Robinson, Braxton Cave,Landry Jones,Philip Lutzencurchen, Terry Badshaw, Tyler Hansbrough, Jordyn Weiber, Robert Lester+Michael Williams+Carson Tinker, Boomer Esiason
Zimmy
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Zimmy »

University Of Oklahoma coach Bob Stoops signs through the mail.
Mbarr23
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Mbarr23 »

I sent an SI cover to Lamichael James 3 weeks ago but i don't think i'm gonna get it back