Dutch/Flemish Collectors out there?

You can also post suggestions, comments to the fanmail.biz database managers here. Do not post your feedback here. Do not request a celebrity address here.
.Nicole.
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Re: Dutch/Flemish Collectors out there?

Post by .Nicole. »

My parents are both quite cool about it. I also collect a few UK celebs that my dad also knows (like people from Are You Being Served? and other Britcoms. He was thrilled about the response I got from Su Pollard), so he likes that, my mum likes both UK and German even though she doesn't know half the people especially the German ones (only the familiar ones from 'Alarm Für Cobra 11', 'Verbotene Liebe' or 'Medicopter 117'.

ATM I've been jobless for a year (wanted to take a sabbatical, but also needed a small toe surgery and the lack of jobs here also doesn't help), so my mum and dad have been supporting this hobby for most of that time now. Which I am very grateful for, even though they don't know most of the people I sent!! Stamps aren't cheap, but at our tobacco store one can 'zegeltjes sparen met een spaarkaartje, is op zijn Nederlands iets makkelijker', which means I can trade the full cards for money or spent it in the store, which usually goes up on Stamps.

But it also means that we are all hoping for responses back and when we do, we all are "Omg, who is it? What's the response?" [ugotmail] .
http://nicoleautogramme.repage.de/ <-- My German Autographs [This is purely in German]

Favourite Autographs: Dawn French, Nina-Friederike Gnädig, Sina-Valeska Jung, Charlotte Schwab, Ronja Forcher too name a few
Waiting On: 107
Latest Received: Sissy Höfferer, Wolke Hegenbarth
Latest Sent:Caroline Scholze, Jophi Ries, Steve Windolf, Lilia Lehner, Kerstin Landsman, Carina Wiese [RESENT], Jan Fedder, Saskia Fischer, Marc Zwinz, Steffen Groth, Janina Hartwig, Karin Gregorek, Lars Weström, Emanuela von Frankenberg, Denise M'Baye, Julia Heinze, Thomas Clemens, Janette Rauch, Serhat Cokgezen, Nathalie O'Hara, Margrit Sartorius, Fritz Wepper, Ulrike Folkerts
Felien
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Felien »

.Nicole. wrote: But it also means that we are all hoping for responses back and when we do, we all are "Omg, who is it? What's the response?" [ugotmail] .
This is for me, the most exciting thing of collecting autographs :D . Not always knowing who it might be, after you've send out several requests.
Credit nicole175

Waiting for: Lots of TTMs
Last received: Sarah Wayne Callies, Sasha Alexander, Jackson Rathbone, Sara Ramirez, Nikki Reed, Matthew Lewis, Colin Firth, Gemma Arterton, Amanda Seyfried, Dakota Fanning, George Clooney,...
Most wanted: Jessica Capshaw
Most favourite autograph: Sara Ramirez, Sarah Wayne Callies, Wentworth Miller !!!
Gertyke
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Gertyke »

Felien wrote:
.Nicole. wrote: But it also means that we are all hoping for responses back and when we do, we all are "Omg, who is it? What's the response?" [ugotmail] .
This is for me, the most exciting thing of collecting autographs :D . Not always knowing who it might be, after you've send out several requests.
Yes indeed, like when you get a big envelope with your name on it and you're like 'who is it, who is it!!!'
I think thats why we do it, besides getting the autographs offcourse, the thrill of the unknown :) what can you expect...
And being excited when it's the one you really wanted, or being a bit down because it isn't the one you really wanted...

But to come back to fathers my father is like 'what the hell are you ordering all the time?' like I would atually pay lots of money for all the requests :s but well, he doesn't understand most of the stuff I do so :D
Ask me a rude question, and you'll get a rude answer, simple as that!
If you want one of my unsigned HQ pictures to print out yourself, just ask

Recent Successes: Matyolok Gibbs, Brahim, Katy Perry, Steffanie Leigh, Cher Lloyd
Favorite TTM Successes: Alexis Bledel, Rachel McAdams, Naya Rivera, Selena Gomez, Michael Muhney, Mary Costa, Alan Rickman, Shirley Henderson, Kathryn Beaumont, Amanda Seyfried, Nikki Reed, Jodi Benson, Anne Hathaway, Deborah Ann Woll
Most Wanted: Lauren Graham, Emma Watson, Tom Felton, Harry Potter Cast, Twilight Cast, Hunger Games Cast
Milestone TTM Autographs: 1. Emma Watson, 10. Amanda Seyfried, 25. Hazel Douglas, 50. Miley Cyrus (PP), 75. Katy Perry
seb89
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by seb89 »

Yeah, me too! When I receive a letter, I'm so excited :D!

My parents are divorced, so my dad doesn't know that I'm sending requests, but he supplies my stamps :D. He found a stash of old stamps, with the value mark stil on them. He thinks that, I'm writing to my foreign friends, but I use facebook & mail for that lol! My mother thinks it is a bit childish, but I explained what I was planning to do with the autographs and now she thinks it is okay, as long as I write to Frenchies :D. I want to create a collage with my French autographs for my future appartment :D hahaha.
Siggy made by -Lil1- ^^Thank you^^

{??} COUP DE CÅ’UR {??} : {star} L'instant T {star}
.Nicole.
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by .Nicole. »

Well, just to keep this thread alive a bit :P I've actually requested an autograph from a Dutch Person :D
I am a huge fan of "Kluchten en Cabaret zoals Herman Finkers e.d." so I've requests Jon van Eerd today :D I already saw he is in Theaters until Saturday and then has a few days off until wednesday, so hopefully he will get his mail in those few days :D
http://nicoleautogramme.repage.de/ <-- My German Autographs [This is purely in German]

Favourite Autographs: Dawn French, Nina-Friederike Gnädig, Sina-Valeska Jung, Charlotte Schwab, Ronja Forcher too name a few
Latest Sent:Caroline Scholze, Jophi Ries, Steve Windolf, Lilia Lehner, Kerstin Landsman, Carina Wiese [RESENT], Jan Fedder, Saskia Fischer, Marc Zwinz, Steffen Groth, Janina Hartwig, Karin Gregorek, Lars Weström, Emanuela von Frankenberg, Denise M'Baye, Julia Heinze, Thomas Clemens, Janette Rauch, Serhat Cokgezen, Nathalie O'Hara, Margrit Sartorius, Fritz Wepper, Ulrike Folkerts
Gertyke
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Gertyke »

Nice!
I got some Dutch/Flemish successes in the last weeks:
Geert Hoste, Tia Hellebaut, Sergio Herman, Michel Daerden, Geert Bourgeois, Virginie Claes, Dina Tersago, Gabriel Rios, Wim Danckeart, Pieter De Crem & Tom Dice

All through their official websites :)

Recent Successes: Matyolok Gibbs, Brahim, Katy Perry, Steffanie Leigh, Cher Lloyd
Favorite TTM Successes: Alexis Bledel, Rachel McAdams, Naya Rivera, Selena Gomez, Michael Muhney, Mary Costa, Alan Rickman, Shirley Henderson, Kathryn Beaumont, Amanda Seyfried, Nikki Reed, Jodi Benson, Anne Hathaway, Deborah Ann Woll
Most Wanted: Lauren Graham, Emma Watson, Tom Felton, Harry Potter Cast, Twilight Cast, Hunger Games Cast
Milestone TTM Autographs: 1. Emma Watson, 10. Amanda Seyfried, 25. Hazel Douglas, 50. Miley Cyrus (PP), 75. Katy Perry
welpke
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by welpke »

Hi people!

I'm from Belgium too. I have a question for you guys. Do you purchase stamps from UK and US, if so, where do you order them?

When i send to other countries (US and UK) i work with IRC's, but i never had one back, so i think it's the best you put a sase, but how can i get those US stamps. ..The post office in Belgium has only Belgium stamps.

Thanks in advance!
Felien
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Felien »

Hi welpke,

I personally used IRC's in the beginning of my collecting. I already got some replies, but often they just send the IRC's back and pay for the postage themselves.
It's been a while since I used the IRC's, now I just send out a LOR (so without any stamps) and I've already received quite some autographs.

I think you have to be lucky with the celebs / idols you send out to. And you need to be really patient.

Felien
Credit nicole175

Waiting for: Lots of TTMs
Last received: Sarah Wayne Callies, Sasha Alexander, Jackson Rathbone, Sara Ramirez, Nikki Reed, Matthew Lewis, Colin Firth, Gemma Arterton, Amanda Seyfried, Dakota Fanning, George Clooney,...
Most wanted: Jessica Capshaw
Most favourite autograph: Sara Ramirez, Sarah Wayne Callies, Wentworth Miller !!!
Gertyke
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Gertyke »

Yes, me too I've always send out just LOR's... Never worked with IRCs or US or UK stamps :)
I have put in 5 euro's in my envelope 2 times for postage, but both of them haven't came back yet, one of them should be coming back for certain after the holidays :)

Recently I've been writing Via Venue in Belgium too, (3 letters now), and then I've included a SASE with Belgium stamps on it, since the venue is in Belgium (duh! :))
But there are some people on the forum from US or UK that buy stamps for you, and you can pay them back through paypal and then they send the stamps to you
maybe you can try that

.Nicole.
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by .Nicole. »

The only times I send a SASE is to *of course* The Netherlands and to Germany. I'm from Holland and somehow the Dutch European Stamps are accepted in Germany on a SASE. I know, it shouldn't be possible, but somehow it works? Otherwise I only send a LOR and a SAE.