NFL TTM Thread

You can also post suggestions, comments to the fanmail.biz database managers here. Do not post your feedback here. Do not request a celebrity address here.
-46-
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Re: NFL TTM Thread

Post by -46- »

Did you guys see the post in my Arian Foster feedback thread about Arian not signing anymore, do you think that is the actual agent?

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=247793
knicksfannumba1
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by knicksfannumba1 »

I doubt it, why would Arian Foster's agent have a fanmail.biz account? He may be an autograph collector but he's an agent so he gets peoples sigs on contracts instead of cards.
Like Football, or Basketball? Join the facebook autograph collector groups.

Basketball: http://m.facebook.com/groups/1585756309 ... 1852523050

Football: http://m.facebook.com/groups/5480721252 ... 1852523050
True_MaiizeNBlue
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by True_MaiizeNBlue »

Agreed. Also I got a confirmation email saying an auto would be sent out to me yesterday. I feel like email addresses should kept pmed to a minimum so people don't oversaturate them.

In other news. Just got my first prints to be signed for tomorrow. Have pics of Desmond Howard, Braylon Edwards, Charles Woodson, Chad Henne, Roy Roundtree, Denard Robinson, Jordan Kovacs and Ryan Van Bergen. Some of the pictures I got are fuzzy up close while others are really high quality and sharp. Since I'm new to this what do you guys recommend for picture quality? I was going to go use WalMart's photo center tonight but ran out of time and they were closed and I had to end up going to Staples.
lmt022
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by lmt022 »

True_MaiizeNBlue wrote:Agreed. Also I got a confirmation email saying an auto would be sent out to me yesterday. I feel like email addresses should kept pmed to a minimum so people don't oversaturate them.

In other news. Just got my first prints to be signed for tomorrow. Have pics of Desmond Howard, Braylon Edwards, Charles Woodson, Chad Henne, Roy Roundtree, Denard Robinson, Jordan Kovacs and Ryan Van Bergen. Some of the pictures I got are fuzzy up close while others are really high quality and sharp. Since I'm new to this what do you guys recommend for picture quality? I was going to go use WalMart's photo center tonight but ran out of time and they were closed and I had to end up going to Staples.

Word of advice: I work in a photo lab for Walgreens. Unless the people there don't care, be careful: it's technically still copyright enfringement if you try to print a professionally shot picture.

Walgreens is supposed to be strict about it; I am because I don't really feel like losing my job, but some places, including most Wal-Marts are pretty carefree about it.
Favorites TTM: Terry Bradshaw (card 3x) Tedy Bruschi (Card / 8x10), Mike Ditka (card), Alex Karras (SI 1970), Archie Manning (card), Matt Schaub (card)
Favorites In Person: Michael Brooks, Matt Stover, Karl Malone, Andrew McMahon (Something Corporate/Jack's Mannequin), Eve 6, Fred Dean, Ryan Moats
Currently Seeking: Drew Brees, Aaron Rodgers, any of the 1970s Steelers, Any players that attended Louisiana Tech University
leebo
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by leebo »

Yeah, Kinko's/FedEx will give you crap too about printing stuff too. I just get photo quality paper and do it myself on one of my printers, but if you can't do it that way what you should always be aware of because you'll be pulling these from online (I'd assume), is the resolution and size of the image.

Always practice the mantra that the higher the resolution the better the image quality.

You can have Google and other search engines when they look for images only pull images over a certain resolution. I can't tell you what is best because I don't know what size you are going to be blowing it up to. When you start seeing 'jaggies', (squares instead of rounded edges,) you've definitely blown the image up way too far for its resolution to handle.

Good luck on your Arian Foster's. He's a very cool cat.

Welcome back 46. Congrats on your Shaun Alexander. I have to find an excuse to get something out to him eventually.

{up} I'd like to thank the recent posters who got Terry Bradshaw. I rushed something out the door to him the next day and got a card back signed from him last night. Never thought in a million years I'd get that one.

After a horrendous March, things have shaped up nicely for April so far. I should be getting at least 2 more before the end of the month and I have a draft party with two Texans showing up at it later this month.
knicksfannumba1
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by knicksfannumba1 »

Welcome to the Terry Bradshaw Autograph Club leebo!
Like Football, or Basketball? Join the facebook autograph collector groups.

Basketball: http://m.facebook.com/groups/1585756309 ... 1852523050

Football: http://m.facebook.com/groups/5480721252 ... 1852523050
True_MaiizeNBlue
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by True_MaiizeNBlue »

I'm blowing up the images to be 5x7s. What sort of resolution would I be looking for then?
27gridiron
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by 27gridiron »

great success yesterday, wasn't home to report it but ill do that now. i got a nice return from the one and only shaun alexander, former seahawks running back. i have been waiting on this one since i started collecting autographs 9 months ago. got 2/2 signatures on the cards i sent way back whenever, PLUS he sent me an autographed copy of his book "Touchdown Alexander." pretty excited about this one! also got former Cowboys and Pats linebacker Eugene Lockhart today ttm, 3/3 in less than 2 weeks. also got a few college coaches on 8x10's whom i sent emails to. i sent these c/o my high school so they wouldnt get bent. pretty good last few days!
-46-
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by -46- »

27gridiron wrote:great success yesterday, wasn't home to report it but ill do that now. i got a nice return from the one and only shaun alexander, former seahawks running back. i have been waiting on this one since i started collecting autographs 9 months ago. got 2/2 signatures on the cards i sent way back whenever, PLUS he sent me an autographed copy of his book "Touchdown Alexander." pretty excited about this one! also got former Cowboys and Pats linebacker Eugene Lockhart today ttm, 3/3 in less than 2 weeks. also got a few college coaches on 8x10's whom i sent emails to. i sent these c/o my high school so they wouldnt get bent. pretty good last few days!
Almost the exact same story as me, expect you waited for one more month than I. Congrats on the return! And thanks leebo, I haven't had anything since late February, the slowest two months I have ever had since I got back into the hobby last July. And also leebo, that Arian Foster rookie card is sweet. Do you think that the signature matches up with our email successes? I know that mine isn't a scan so you probably can't tell if it is pp or not... And I didn't know that Terry Bradshaw is a good signer, I ought to send to him. Good luck everybody on your requests.
-46-
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by -46- »

I also forgot to mention that I have been waiting on a Carl Banks return since February (or maybe it was January..) But he usually is a week turnaround. I typically wouldn't care as much as I do, since he was the first on my list for my Michigan State football project. Along with a card, I sent him an 8x10 of Spartan Stadium that I wanted to send to several MSU players. Also, in November, I sent to an address of Andre Tippett that I found on whitepages (not verified, but I think it is legit because the age of the person and relative names matched up to the Pats HOF LB) and haven't gotten it back yet. I don't really expect to get it back, but does anybody know if he is a good signer? I don't think he is.