Has anyone ever received an autograph after a person died?

You can also post suggestions, comments to the fanmail.biz database managers here. Do not post your feedback here. Do not request a celebrity address here.
That_Deutscher
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Has anyone ever received an autograph after a person died?

Post by That_Deutscher »

That subject might've read weird, but I have always been genuinely curious about this in the autograph world. Have you ever sent out an autograph request to someone, they died, and then you get something back in the mail that had their autograph on it?

How often does this happen, and does anyone have any personal stories or know someone who requested the autograph of someone, the celeb died, and then they got the person's autograph after the fact they passed?

Thanks for letting me know. I always thought it would be kind of cool and yet sad to get an autograph from a deceased celebrity after the fact they passed.

Thanks for sharing your stories.
2018 Sucesses:
    Purchased Sean Astin (charity donation)
    Sheila E. (Got at a show in Minneapolis)
    Weird Al Yankovic (Got following a show in northern Iowa)
    Sting (Singer)
    Shaggy
    President George Bush, Sr. (TTM)
goswannies
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Re: Has anyone ever received an autograph after a person die

Post by goswannies »

Yup.
Pavarotti - his agent sent it.

A Swans footballer who had retried a couple of decades ago. He has moved to Africa to work for the Australian Embassy there (something to do with sport). I emailed his assistant who said I could send a card to him for signing). They told me he received the card but I never received it back. Then some years later I received a letter from his widow saying she found the card & envelope amongst his belongings when she moved back to Australia and returned it to me.

Another legendary Swans player from the 1930s passed away between me writing to him. His daughter returned my card (unsigned - obviously) but also included a couple of other cards that he had signed before he passed, and couple of photos he signed before he passed.
Michaelicoff
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Has anyone ever received an autograph after a person died

Post by Michaelicoff »

Take advantage, if i get the feeling its ok.

I would like that more than if the person who finds me freaks out.

lol
I recommend this auto trading system for reliable trading
Markd
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Re: Has anyone ever received an autograph after a person die

Post by Markd »

I sent a letter to the Nobel Prize winning economist and political advisor Milton Friedman and received my index card back signed 3 days after he had died. I think it must have been one of the last autographs he'd ever signed and it must have been sent out just a day or two before his passing.
Visit my Autograph blog to see my successes!

markdautographs.blogspot.ca