Political Autograph Collectors

You can also post suggestions, comments to the fanmail.biz database managers here. Do not post your feedback here. Do not request a celebrity address here.
jrc26
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Political Autograph Collectors

Post by jrc26 »

I just thought I would start up a topic for anyone interested in political autographs. I find it hard to weed through the Selena Gomez posts to find other political collectors on this board. Hopefully we can keep this topic going and keep each other up to date on addresses and successes. I just received Michael Dukakis and Walter Mondale back the other day.

Currently I just sent out a huge bunch of photos to: Dan Quayle, Ross Perot, Alexander Haig, George McGovern, Geraldine Ferraro, Ted Kennedy, Ted Sorenson, John Dean, and Jimmy Carter. Hopefully I should be getting a lot of mail in the next couple of weeks.

Who are you waiting on? Best successes? What is your collection looking like? Anything else...
mgwatson
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Re: Political Autograph Collectors

Post by mgwatson »

My best is Mikhail Gorbachev. I mailed his book to Russia using the address in the database, and got it back in about 8 months.

Others include:
Margaret Thatcher, Jimmy Carter. He signed a book for me, and sent a handwritten and signed note., George HW Bush, Bill Clinton, George W Bush (autopen), Walter Mondale, Dan Quayle, Rosalynn Carter, Nancy Reagan, Barbara Bush, Henry Kissinger, James A Baker III, Warren Christopher, Madeline Albright, and Colin Powell.

I am working on getting all the living Secretaries of State, Treasury, and Defense. I send books mostly, but not all of them have written anything so I try to find a sustitute. 8x10s just don't do much for me, plus I figure it's a whole lot easier for them to send a preprint if that's all I ask for. For the Sec Treas I send dollar bills; I've got two of those back so far. Also I rarely write to people currently in office.

Wish list:
George W Bush (authentic), Laura Bush, Dick Cheney, Pres Obama, Michelle Obama, Joe Bidden, Hillary Clinton, Betty Ford (Tried twice and got polite refusals).
Do you have any suggestions for prominent European leaders? I got a preprint from the pope.
mgwatson
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by mgwatson »

Also on the wish list is Al Gore. All the replies I've seen from him have been autopens, so maybe I'll be able to get one in person someday.
smanzari
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by smanzari »

I'm a political collector as well. My favorites have to be my Bill Clinton (authentic) and Karl Roves.

For your Gorbachev did you include IRCs or Cash for return postage? I can't find IRCs anywhere and it really makes me mad!
mgwatson
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by mgwatson »

smanzari wrote:I'm a political collector as well. My favorites have to be my Bill Clinton (authentic) and Karl Roves.

For your Gorbachev did you include IRCs or Cash for return postage? I can't find IRCs anywhere and it really makes me mad!
I got Gorbachev's last year, when you could still get IRCs. Now that you cannot get them anymore I have been going to my bank to get the appropriate foreign currency when sending requests overseas. I usually send the equivelant of $15 for return postage on a book that weighs less than 3 pounds. Gobavhev's book is 250 pages, and it weighs less than 2 pounds, but I never know what a foreign post office will charge, so I send a little extra.
smanzari
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by smanzari »

Sounds good- I usually send 4x6 photos so it should not be that much, I may just get an international money order instead
legendwithoutaname
$10 gift certificate winner
$10 gift certificate winner

Post by legendwithoutaname »

I Have Bill Clinton IP and AP and Bob Dole IP. I have the most recent 2 NC governors, Arnold's AP and the Bush crew White House AP Or PP. I also have an authentic Jimmy Carter
AxlSlash
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by AxlSlash »

I have:

Gov. Howard Dean (IP book)
Rev. Al Sharpton (IP book, photo)
Sen. Al Franken (IP book)
Sec. Madeline Albright (IP book)
Gov. Ed Rendell (TTM business card)
Israeli MK Yossi Beilin (TTM letter)
RFK Jr (TTM photo)
Gen. Colin Powell (TTM photo)

Most wanted:
Israeli PM Yitzhak Rabin (RIP)
Pres. Bill and Hillary Clinton
Pres. Barack and Michelle Obama
Pres. John F. and Jackie Kennedy
BoneXCena912
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by BoneXCena912 »

I have
Pres. Obama
S.O.S. Hillary Clinton

Waiting on-
Michelle Obama
Joe Bieden
TheORKINMan

Post by TheORKINMan »

So far I have:

President George HW Bush
Vice President Walter Mondale
Senator Bob Dole
Senator John Glenn
Congressman Charlie Wilson
Lt. Col Oliver North

Waiting on:
President George W. Bush
Soviet President Mikhail Gorbechev
Russian Prime Minister Vladimir Putin
South African President Nelson Mandela
Mexican President Vicente Fox
Chinese President Hu Jintao
Canadian Prime Minister Jean Chretien
Canadian Prime Minister Paul Martin
Emperor Akihito
Secretary General Kofi Annan
Secretary General Boutros Boutros-Ghali
Secretary General Javier Pérez de Cuéllar
Vice President Dick Cheney
Speaker of the House Newt Gingrich
Senator George McGovern
Chief Justice John Roberts
Justice Sandra Day O'Connor
Secretary of State Colin Powell
Secretary of State Henry Kissinger
Governor Jesse Ventura
Governor Sarah Palin
Governor Michael Dukakis
Governor Mike Huckabee
Mayor Rudolph Giuliani
Presidential Candidate Ross Perot
General David Petraeus
Federal Reserve Chairman Alan Greenspan

Obviously not expecting to get all of these back, but had to try, the worst they can do is say no or not respond :P
Follow my autograph project on Facebook, just do a search for Panels and become a fan or use the link below:

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Panels/28 ... 455?ref=ts