Keeping autographs safe.

You can also post suggestions, comments to the fanmail.biz database managers here. Do not post your feedback here. Do not request a celebrity address here.
GazzaPaul
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Keeping autographs safe.

Post by GazzaPaul »

Hi, I know this questions been asked thousands of times on here... SORRY!
But how do you store your autographs? Have any faded/got damaged because of this?
I store them in the envelopes they came in, is there physically anyway they can be damaged in there?
I know people will say, why keep them in an envelope? Whats the point if you can't view them?
I prefer getting mail, and reading the signature. And collecting, hopefully have the collection in 30 years time, still in good condition!
{up} [uk] {up} [us] {up} [ca] {up} [germany]
My most wanted:
Paul Gazza
Rey Mysterio

You can't remove the mask, WHY?
'Cuz he's kickin' your ass!
Theone30
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Re: Keeping autographs safe.

Post by Theone30 »

I think there are many answers to this question already on the site...I simply use 8x10 hard plastic top loaders to store my photos and they work just fine for me.

Waiting for many former and current US Politicians and Historical Figures:

Most Wanted--Henry Kissinger.(PM if you have one and want to trade)
Baseball HOF collection--40 and counting
2011 has been my best year for autographs over 300 in so far
*Don't post email addresses*
RYAN J.

Re: Keeping autographs safe.

Post by RYAN J. »

I do the same thing you do GazzaPaul! Although, I buy acid/PVC free clear protectors to put them in to keep them safe and also to prevent getting them smudged or ruined when I take them out to show friends or family.

You can buy these protectors online or at any office supply store in various sizes to fit your needs - 4x6 - 5x7 - 6x9 - 8x10 ect. ect.

And I store all my envelopes in plastic rubbermaid tubs out of direct sunlight. {up}

RYAN J. 8)

Last bumped by Anonymous on Sat May 04, 2024 3:49 pm.