Ringo Starr / NO LONGER SIGNING AUTOGRAPHS

You can also post suggestions, comments to the fanmail.biz database managers here. Do not post your feedback here. Do not request a celebrity address here.
WookieeLover
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Re: Ringo Starr / NO LONGER SIGNING AUTOGRAPHS

Post by WookieeLover »

Johnny's Fan wrote:I somehow don't believe he is the busiest celeb on the planet and I don't believe he doesn't have the time to write to the people who made him rich and famous and are still keeping the memory of the Beatles alive. But perhaps before he suddenly stated that "all mail will be tossed" he should have tried a compromise, and if he does get a lot of mail from the same people... it only takes a note to say don't write to me again, and then there is a little bit less to sort through. Or even do what some people do, and only sign one thing per person.

He could definitely have been nicer about it.
Exactly {up} :mrgreen: {up}
osiris
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by osiris »

Am I the only one who thinks it's incredibly nice of him to actually let people know that he won't be signing autographs anymore? Let them know not to waste their money? Not everyone would have done that. He has been signing them for 40 years, give the guy a break. And most people who write now didn't make him rich and famous, unless most of them were born prior to 1960. Sure they might be genuine fans, but pretty sure he was already famous before they came along.
Image Image Image Image Image Image
Favourite: David Tennant IP, John Barrowman IP, Patrick Stewart IP, Catherine Tate VV.
Newest: John Simm IP, Suranne Jones IP, Jonathan Groff IP.
DAY TRIPPER
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by DAY TRIPPER »

Am I the only one who thinks it's incredibly nice of him to actually let people know that he won't be signing autographs anymore? Let them know not to waste their money? Not everyone would have done that. He has been signing them for 40 years, give the guy a break. And most people who write now didn't make him rich and famous, unless most of them were born prior to 1960. Sure they might be genuine fans, but pretty sure he was already famous before they came along.

i couldnt agree with you more.
Taystralia
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Taystralia »

I know I already said something bad about him not signing..
But I had a bit of a change of heart.

He has been signing for years now,
And I guess he thinks that all his true fans hav their autographs,
and now all these others just want a beetles auto..

Sure, he could have been nicer about it,
But yeah.. theres my 2cents..
karra28

Post by karra28 »

i personally think this is GOOD!because of 2 opinions: first he knows his autograph are a huge value and maybye seen to many autographs been sold that he signs for fanmail(meaning they are not fans and only want his autograph) + that he kinda is busy!i mean he is a beatler!he will probably always be busy in one way or another :P so i totally understand why he stops this!
autoland
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by autoland »

Well the key word is E-BAY, I'm now of the thought that if these never ended up on e-bay, Ringo would have been happy to sign, for another few years {down} {down} {down}

If anyone is good enough to, give you an autograph, then please dont sell it on E-bay, if you do your little bit of greed, will stop thousands of REAL fans, from getting an autograph, that they will treasure forever. :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :( :( :( :(
WookieeLover
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by WookieeLover »

autoland wrote: If anyone is good enough to, give you an autograph, then please dont sell it on E-bay, if you do your little bit of greed, will stop thousands of REAL fans, from getting an autograph, that they will treasure forever. :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :( :( :( :(
Yes that's true. :neutral:

I don't sell autographs on ebay (or anywhere else) But I personal think, all the stars shouldn't care about what the people do with their autograph.
Gary2880
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Gary2880 »

THE REASON CELEBS STOP SIGNING IS BECAUSE OF ABUSERS/STALKERS LIKE 'SHAUN' AND 'LEXPO' - SO TO THE LIKES OF YOU, THANKS A LOT FOR RUINING OUR HOBBY!!!!!
Lol, wondering how long it would take for our prolific non personalized autograph hunters name to appear.

How you doing shambler good i hope ;-)
vespasian
$10 gift certificate winner
$10 gift certificate winner

Post by vespasian »

also the fact that somebody on the star tiger site has 20 ttm ringos wouldnt have helped? :roll:
LikelyLadsfan
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by LikelyLadsfan »

vespasian wrote:also the fact that somebody on the star tiger site has 20 ttm ringos wouldnt have helped? :roll:
Seriously?

I am absolutely gutted I didn't write to him before :(

BTW has anyone mentioned on the site about this guy writing so many times?
Thanks to Hangman! great avator thanks qwertyuiopfor the brill sig!
Fav IP: Ant and Dec
Fav TTM: David Tennant and J K Rowling

http://chazs-autographs.weebly.com/index.html My autographs!
http://antndecarebrilliant.forumsland.com Ant and Dec!