Henry Cavill - Success!

Post by R.Castillo »

Good evening.

On April 9 I sent a letter of request to Mr. Cavill to the following address:

United Agents Ltd.,
12-26 Lexington Street
London W1F 0LE
United Kingdom

I included a self-addressed, stamped 9" x 12" envelope (five UK 1-pound stamps were affixed to the SASE) and also included 2 backing boards with the LOR to prevent the photograph from being bent. I verified the correct postage on the SASE with the Royal Mail website and was able to acquire UK postage stamps since the US discontinued International Reply Coupons (which wouldn't have worked because United Agents does not accept IRC's). I even included two extra stamps inside the SASE just in case I miscalculated the postage from the United Kingdom to Florida, United States.

I've read some of the posts on here and it seems as if the response time can be as little as 1 to 2 months. However, I see that the wait time can be three months or more. I'd like to think that the reason for the non-response is due to an increase of mail to Mr. Cavill due to the "Batman v. Superman" film's release worldwide.

Should I expect a possible longer response time due to this being an international request? Thank you in advance for any information/advice anyone may have. :)
Last edited by R.Castillo on Fri Jun 10, 2016 9:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ipnugraha
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Re: Henry Cavill - No Response Yet

Post by Ipnugraha »

R.Castillo wrote:Good evening.

On April 9 I sent a letter of request to Mr. Cavill to the following address:

United Agents Ltd.,
12-26 Lexington Street
London W1F 0LE
United Kingdom

I included a self-addressed, stamped 9" x 12" envelope (five UK 1-pound stamps were affixed to the SASE) and also included 2 backing boards with the LOR to prevent the photograph from being bent. I verified the correct postage on the SASE with the Royal Mail website and was able to acquire UK postage stamps since the US discontinued International Reply Coupons (which wouldn't have worked because United Agents does not accept IRC's). I even included two extra stamps inside the SASE just in case I miscalculated the postage from the United Kingdom to Florida, United States.

I've read some of the posts on here and it seems as if the response time can be as little as 1 to 2 months. However, I see that the wait time can be three months or more. I'd like to think that the reason for the non-response is due to an increase of mail to Mr. Cavill due to the "Batman v. Superman" film's release worldwide.

Should I expect a possible longer response time due to this being an international request? Thank you in advance for any information/advice anyone may have. :)

Patience my friend. Currently he might be shooting for Justice League part 1. It might be take a while, but I believe you'll get it. Mine took about 98 days and I live in Indonesia.:)
Please Check & Like my Facebook page ;). Thx.
Facebook page: S&E Autographs
https://www.facebook.com/SEAutographs?ref=bookmarks
Hartster
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Hartster »

Some people will get a fast reply, others longer, and still others not at all for whatever reason. Generally, the most famous the person, the longer the reply (and also the more chance of a non-response.)
Space enthusiast w/a Sharpie! Ex-journalist. Published in British Interplanetary Society's Spaceflight and National Geographic Traveler magazines; also NASA's Scientist-Astronauts, Freedom 7: The Historic Flight of Alan B. Shepard books and contributor to The Star Trek Encyclopedia: A Reference Guide to the Future and the A Matter of Time: The Unauthorized Back to the Future Lexicon among others. Follow me at @HBSastrowardoyo, check out my astronaut and other space travelers autograph collection at https://www.flickr.com/photos/45855752@ ... 973452526/
R.Castillo
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by R.Castillo »

Thank you Ipnugraha and Hartster for your responses. :) I'll keep an eye out and definitely post here if I get anything.

Thanks again!
BossC
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by BossC »

This hobby requires a LOT of patience. And unfortunately, there is a chance the postal service will lose something or it gets detoured in the mail. 6 months is a pretty regular wait. Anything sooner I consider a privilege.

BossC
R.Castillo
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by R.Castillo »

Thank you, BossC. The waiting part I have no problem with; I just wanted to make sure I followed the mailing guidelines correctly so I have something to wait for. :)
R.Castillo
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Re: Henry Cavill - Success!

Post by R.Castillo »

Greetings, all!

Just a quick note to say that I received an autographed photo of Mr. Cavill this afternoon. :)

Thank you to all who responded for your help and encouraged me to be patient!
BossC
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by BossC »

So glad you got a reply! :)

BossC
R.Castillo
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by R.Castillo »

BossC wrote:So glad you got a reply! :)

BossC

Thank you, BossC! :)
LavernDixon
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by LavernDixon »

The view topic can help us to know so many new things and mostly it consists of things that are known to use by australian writing. If it works the way I want, it will be great.\