Colin Firth TTM successes are authentic!! :)

Are you unsure if your autograph is authentic or not? Post it in here and the Fanmail.biz community will try to clear it up for you.
jenny86
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Colin Firth TTM successes are authentic!! :)

Post by jenny86 »

I was tired of all this discussions about the authenticity of Colin Firth's autographs, so I decided to check the authenticity of his autographs obtained through mail. I paid for the online examination of his autograph that I had received in December through TTM. The examination was at this site: www.paasautographs.com. This is what they say:

colin firth
http://i1233.photobucket.com/albums/ff3 ... _firth.jpg
Likely to be genuine: Our authenticators believe that the item, if physically submitted to P.A.A.S. for examination, would likely receive our certificate of authenticity.
* Please note that this on-line examination is based solely upon a scan. 

I hope this will stop all discussions! Colin Firth is a good signer, is it so hard to believe in it? He is very nice to his fans!! :)
Favourite autographs: Alain Delon, Colin Firth, Guillaume Canet, Sean Bean, Michael Welch, Tyler Hilton, Daniel Craig, Enrique Iglesias, Jude Law, Kate Winslet, Ed Westwick, Daniel Radcliffe, Robert Pattinson, Jim Sturgess, Emma Watson, David Villa, Orlando Bloom, Ian Somerhalder

Lauren81492
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Re: Colin Firth TTM successes are authentic!! :)

Post by Lauren81492 »

It certainly helps the case for them being authentic, although I'm not sure it's entirely conclusive.

I've never written to Colin Firth and I'm far from being an autograph expert, so I'm sort of watching this authentic/sec debate unfold from the sidelines, but haven't people sent to Colin and received replies while he was known to be in America or something? I sort of remember someone pointing that out in one of the feedback threads.
jenny86
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by jenny86 »

Yes, people always say different things, they're so sure they're right so they don't even check it. Colin was in USA in January but he hasn't stayed there for the whole month. On
January 18 he was spotted arriving to London from USA and he spotted leaving his home to head to the airport on January 29. So he spent 11 days in UK. The successes from him were:
Sent: 22 January
Received: 5 February

And
Sent: 14 January
Received: 31 January

These successes are from people who live in UK, so it took a couple of days for their letters to arrive to his agency and Colin was in London at that time.
Favourite autographs: Alain Delon, Colin Firth, Guillaume Canet, Sean Bean, Michael Welch, Tyler Hilton, Daniel Craig, Enrique Iglesias, Jude Law, Kate Winslet, Ed Westwick, Daniel Radcliffe, Robert Pattinson, Jim Sturgess, Emma Watson, David Villa, Orlando Bloom, Ian Somerhalder

hatter
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by hatter »

it seems unfair that cynics and sceptics need no evidence at all to start doubting while people that believe its authenticity need to prove it by 100%
but that’s life I suppose
Michelle8
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Michelle8 »

I am copying my post over from celebautos.co.uk :

I'm sorry but most fanmail.biz users take a very blinkered approach to the authenticity of their autographs. They so desperately want to believe it is real when all the evidence points to the contrary. I would love for Colin's TTM autograph to be authentic because he is one of my top favourite actors, but even I can't fool myself so badly!

How in heaven's name does, for example, James's recent IP success from Colin at the BAFTAS 2011 ( http://jamesautograph.fotopic.net/p69049635.html ) look anything like the ones "Colin" sends out TTM?! Are people seriously suggesting, that Mr.Firth has one completely different style of handwriting and signature for IP, and one completely different style of handwriting and signature for TTM?! I don't know of many celebrities who would do such a thing, what would be the point?! And what about the fast turn-around time?! You'd swear with such fast replies that you're dealing with someone who's just won a Razzie rather than an Oscar.

jenny86 is having a particularly hard time accepting that the TTMs are very likely sec. First, she propsed this topic as evidence: viewtopic.php?f=128&t=166356 - I don't have anything against mymymy (Benedict) but unfortunately there was a bit of a hoo-ha about him faking his successes and he later had to apologize to everyone for it.

Now she comes along with this topic: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=209990 - P.A.A.S is one of the least known authenticators around. They're probably best known for not being able to spell authentication on their C.O.A's, and for passing a fake Neil Armstrong as legit, which went on to sell for around $2000 on eBay. I suspect that's not the only fake they've passed as legit. I would not expect them to have ANY sound knowledge of Colin's autographs. And third-party authenticators are generally bad news.

Colin's TTM autographs are, until someone can provide SOLID evidence to the contrary, secretarial.
Please sign up at the CelebAutos autograph forum! :)
Michelle8
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Michelle8 »

I've just re-read your first post in this thread jenny86, and see that P.A.A.S did an ONLINE examination of your autograph. That's hilarious, I can't believe they would actually offer such a service. How could they possibly tell, by a scan of an autograph, its authenticity?! Wow!
T15
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by T15 »

jenny86 wrote:I was tired of all this discussions about the authenticity of Colin Firth's autographs, so I decided to check the authenticity of his autographs obtained through mail. I paid for the online examination of his autograph that I had received in December through TTM. The examination was at this site: http://www.paasautographs.com. This is what they say:

colin firth
http://i1233.photobucket.com/albums/ff3 ... _firth.jpg
Likely to be genuine: Our authenticators believe that the item, if physically submitted to P.A.A.S. for examination, would likely receive our certificate of authenticity.
* Please note that this on-line examination is based solely upon a scan. 

I hope this will stop all discussions! Colin Firth is a good signer, is it so hard to believe in it? He is very nice to his fans!! :)
There is no doubt that some (!) of his ttm-signatures are authentic. They are very close to his ip-signatures. So it's no problem to find some autographs of Firth from some weeks or month ago that are authentic.

BUT: I doubt that the current (!!!) successes are authentic. Firth is much too busy to fulfill all the requests. He's visiting the BAFTAs, the Oscars, the Berlinale and much more events - there is almost no time for him to sit at home and write autographs. ;-)

Second point: As I said in another thread before, look at the "T" of the word "To". It differs in his current ttm-successes from his ip-successes or his older (like yours) ttm-signatures. Look exactly, it's not hard to see.

My conclusion is that Firth has a Secreretary or something like that since January/February 2011.
hatter
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by hatter »

funnily enough michelle8 the ip looks like a rushed version of the ttm
Michelle8
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Michelle8 »

hatter wrote:funnily enough michelle8 the ip looks like a rushed version of the ttm
That image is Colin's full IP signature.
THIS - http://jamesautograph.fotopic.net/p69049636.html - is Colin's rushed IP. Neither looks anything remotely like the TTMs.
FCB_Phil
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by FCB_Phil »

Why do we discuss about those things???
I mean if someone believes that they're authentic, fine. It's really not your problem, is it??
We can't proof it for 100% anyways. the one side will say yes the other no, and like this it'll go on for months...

I, for my part, think that they are authentic (AND, my german friend, you can't base the theory on a simple "T", my T changes too). Jenny did a nice research and I'm totally in common with her!
You can blame me now, but I won't change my opinion on that, till something really reliable comes out :neutral:

Best,
Phil

Most Wanted: Paul McCartney, Ringo Starr, Billy Joel, Robert Plant, Anthony Hopkins and many more .. mainly music ;)

Favourite Autographs: Eric Clapton, Bruce Springsteen, Mick Jagger, Ronnie Wood, Keith Richards, Jack Nicholson, BB King, Robert De Niro and Tom Hanks