J.K. ROWLING HELP PLEASE!

Are you unsure if your autograph is authentic or not? Post it in here and the Fanmail.biz community will try to clear it up for you.
mymymy

J.K. ROWLING HELP PLEASE!

Post by mymymy »

I recieved this TTM today. I have no doubt its authentic but someone said it was an autopen. You can see biro marks on reverse, it has differences to similar autos and correct me if im wrong but I don't think autopens have characteristics such as the loop of the 'J' being fainter than the rest of the sig due to the speed of signing the pen didnt make full contact with the photo.

Please help. Thank you.

http://i259.photobucket.com/albums/hh31 ... g014-2.jpg
Mr Kennedy

Re: J.K. ROWLING HELP PLEASE!

Post by Mr Kennedy »

Its signed in biro, right? If an autopen machine used a biro pen, the ink flow would be perfectly steady all the way through. Also yours have tails at the end, autopen machines cannot replicate that. Its 100% handsigned.

That only leaves authentic/secretarial to choose from, but they look pretty good to me. Although Ive never made any sense of the "Too busy to sign" letter accompanying a signed postcard, doesnt make sense.

The only reason Ive held off on sending to her is because 99% of successes are failures, and I dont want to waste my stamps lol.
mymymy

Post by mymymy »

Thanks, yes it is biro or other ball point pen. Doubt its a sec otherwise surely everyone would get one, plus they match her IP's.

I think the PP letter remains the same for everyone (although ocassionally edited) and everynow and then ms Rowling signs a few cards and they are randomly put in envelopes.
karra28

Post by karra28 »

hey there :) i do think it is authentic!her secretary just put a presigned card sometimes on the respons letter to fans :) congrats on the success :D her autograph is one of the 10 people who live most priceless =)
Reav
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Reav »

I think somebody should try and contact Ms. Rowling's secretary and ask about the authenticity.
jasonw
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by jasonw »

Finally Rowling is sending off authentics to a male collector :lol: ;-)

Mischa Barton. Best Success of 2009?
Click to view!
mymymy

Post by mymymy »

Thanks jasonw, I knew it was authentic.

I sometimes feel when someone gets a fairly rare authentic TTM half of the people cant be happy for that person and just feel the need to question it to make them feel bad. Just my personal observation, sorry if it is no true.

ps. I dont think its a good idea to ask the secretary re authenticity, its just not appropriatte plus i reckon they dont even read the letters
Reav
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Reav »

mymymy, don't take this the wrong way, but wishing it were authentic doesn't make it so! Even if half the people here ARE happy for you. If anyone could get their hands on the article in Autograph Collector regarding these JKRo signatures and scan it, it would be great.
Mr Kennedy

Post by Mr Kennedy »

Reav wrote:mymymy, don't take this the wrong way, but wishing it were authentic doesn't make it so! Even if half the people here ARE happy for you. If anyone could get their hands on the article in Autograph Collector regarding these JKRo signatures and scan it, it would be great.
If the article states its autopenned, then the article is wrong, autopens cannot creat an autograph like this one. Like Ive already said, its handsigned, by who can be debated, but it IS handsigned.

I find it hard we're even using Autograph Collector as a reputeable argument anyway, aren't these the same people that did an article proclaming Pacino's (or De Niro, I forget which) TTMs were legit, but in fact was just done for publicity? :roll:
Reav
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Reav »

Mr Kennedy wrote:I find it hard we're even using Autograph Collector as a reputeable argument anyway, aren't these the same people that did an article proclaming Pacino's (or De Niro, I forget which) TTMs were legit, but in fact was just done for publicity? :roll:
I have no knowledge of their reputability. I was simply interested in the article when another member of this board mentioned it exists.