Returns with a note "TOO BUSY"--how do you feel about them?

Post your requests for celebrity addresses here. No more than 3 address requests per person per day please!
george2607

Returns with a note "TOO BUSY"--how do you feel about them?

Post by george2607 »

I place them second from the bottom, the bottom being those who just don't reply at all, even with a SASE or bothering to put a RTS on the envelope.

I've received my share and usually just forget about it and hope things will change later or maybe catch them at venue or maybe get real lucky with an IP.

But I got one recently ( I had written a very nice LOR, sent two nice photographs-one for each of my children and a SASE) that really got under my skin from George Lucas's private PA telling me he appreciated my interest but he is just too busy to sign autographs for his fans. I wrote back (although I doubt he will ever see the note) that maybe he should consider that without movie goers and fans he would not be so busy and that surely he could spare an hour a week signing for fans without the movie industry going under.

I'd like to hear what other collectors feel about the "too busy" people. :D :D
ChristinaAmy
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Re: Returns with a note "TOO BUSY"--how do you feel about th

Post by ChristinaAmy »

I've never had this happen, but i'd be pretty upset.
It'd take just as much time to have someone at least type out a nice, polite letter saying they're sorry but they just dont have time. "TOO BUSY" just screams "i'm rude and don't care about my fans"-in my opinion.
Autographs

IP: I See Stars, A Rocket To The Moon, All Time Low, The Ready Set, Allstar Weekend.

Fav TTM: Munro Chambers, Daniel Radcliffe, AJ Saudin, & Sean Berdy.

Purchased: Jonas Brothers.
johnnylightninglives
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Re: Returns with a note "TOO BUSY"--how do you feel about th

Post by johnnylightninglives »

I have never got back any letters like that but it wouldnt really bother me because stuff like that doesnt get under my skin.I would not be happy i didnt get the auto but i would not be surprised by a letter like that and i would not have sent the second letter you sent because it makes you look kind of crazy haha Not that you are but its just not worth worrying about. As far as getting nothing back that is just part of the hobby that you have to accept because i have sent out dozens of letters i have never got back and maybe got about 5 RTS in 3 years so most people dont bother with RTS they either pass the mail on or trash it. I dont blame the celebs for not getting mail or responding because alot of times they have agents and managers and "people" filtering everything for them and making decisions on things like fanmail for them and they never even see the mail or even know they got it in the firstplace.The only thing that really bothers me is getting a stamped auto or a autopen on my photo because i hate PP too but they just mail those out because its easy and then the fans get something i guess but the autopens and stamped autos had to be approved by the artist because its their signature and thats a crappy thing to do to your fans {down} Plus most the people with stamped or autopen autographs arent even big stars or all that busy but i guess they think they are more famous than they really are lol