NEW COLLECTOR LOOKING FOR HELP

Post your requests for celebrity addresses here. No more than 3 address requests per person per day please!
jrodvt4
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

NEW COLLECTOR LOOKING FOR HELP

Post by jrodvt4 »

Hey Guys, I am very new at this and was justing wondering if i could get a little help? This seems like an awesome hobby and something I could really enjoy doing. I was first wondering if someone could help me with all the little abbreviations I see on here? I understand how the mailing works but I was wondering who are some good people for me to start out with that have a high succsess rate? Also who are some people the tend to respond quickly? I am open to any and all suggestions. Thanks so much!
jessemcluv
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Re: NEW COLLECTOR LOOKING FOR HELP

Post by jessemcluv »

Hi~
This hobby isn't about who sends out fast, and who replies. Most of us here write to celebrities we like, or idol, and casts from shows that we enjoy :)
While I can help you with some abbreviations, I can not give you a list of celebrities that I know reply fast.
^Thanks to -Lil1- for the signature!!!!
Most Wanted: Samuel Jackson, Elizabeth Gillies, John Goodman, John Lasseter, Tsubasa English Dub Cast, Tom Hanks
Favorites: Big Time Rush {IP}, Jason Aldean, Demi Lovato, Danielle Campbell, Munro Chambers, Devon Bostick, Billy Crystal

Current Collections: Toy Story, Disney Princess, Pixar Animators, Tsubasa (English Dub) Cast

Recent Received: N/A
Recent Sent: Nancy Cartwright, 7.12.14
Check my website!!! jmlxautographs.webs.com <- UNDER CONSTRUCTION!! (Will be updated with new autographs soon!)
Tabby
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Tabby »

jessemcluv wrote:Hi~
This hobby isn't about who sends out fast, and who replies. Most of us here write to celebrities we like, or idol, and casts from shows that we enjoy :)
While I can help you with some abbreviations, I can not give you a list of celebrities that I know reply fast.
Yes. You write to people who you like and admire, not just because they reply quickly. Besides, why get one from someone just because you know they'll reply? It has to have meaning.
Here are some common abbreviations:
TTM-Through The Mail
VV-Via-Venue
SASE-Self Addressed Stamped Envelope
SAE-Self Addressed Envelope
SSAE-Stamped Self Addressed Envelope
PP-Preprint
AP-Autopen
I mainly collect voice actor and Disney related autographs-Any questions with Disney successes/addresses? Feel free to PM me!
jessemcluv
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by jessemcluv »

SFM - Studio Fan Mail
LOR - Letter of Request

Sorry, thought I'd add those :)
Most Wanted: Samuel Jackson, Elizabeth Gillies, John Goodman, John Lasseter, Tsubasa English Dub Cast, Tom Hanks
Favorites: Big Time Rush {IP}, Jason Aldean, Demi Lovato, Danielle Campbell, Munro Chambers, Devon Bostick, Billy Crystal

Current Collections: Toy Story, Disney Princess, Pixar Animators, Tsubasa (English Dub) Cast

Check my website!!! jmlxautographs.webs.com <- UNDER CONSTRUCTION!! (Will be updated with new autographs soon!)
jrodvt4
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by jrodvt4 »

Thank you both for the help! Let me correct myself, I don't want to seem like I don't care who I send letters to, like you i plan to send to those who I admire or who have done something that have left a mark on me. What i was trying to ask was what is an average reply time? Though I'm sure it's different for each person. Sorry for the confusion and once again thanks for the help!
jessemcluv
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by jessemcluv »

gosh 1- to 1000 days. Completely varies. for many reasons

barrysmith
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by barrysmith »

hi and welcome to your new hobby, YOU CAN COLLECT WHO YOU WANT EVEN IF THEY MEAN LITTLE TO YOU AND YOU DONT HAVE TO ANSWER TO ANYONE.

good replies ive had over the last few weeks via email are:

posh spice
anne robinson
gordon ramsay
lenny henry
jeff steling
(need anymore...let me know)

LOR basically means you can write to them requesting there autograph and adding a SAE as most celebs wont reply otherwise, if you want any addresses then let me know...david jason? or such-likes, enjoy your hobby {up}
[size=85]Vincent Kompany,Mario Balotelli,Kolo Toure,David Platt,Adam Johnson,Sergio Aguero,Dieter Hamann,Eden Dzeko,Roberto Mancini,Patrick Viera,Joe Hart,David Silva,Roberto Martinez,Roy Hodgson,Patrice Evra,Frank Lampard,Tom Cleverley,Darren Bent,Roberto Di Matteo,Frank De Boer,Eusebio,Javier Hernandez,Arsene Wenger,Alex Ferguson,Carlos Cuellar,Aaron Lennon,Fernando Torres,Tim Cahill,Gilberto Silva,Emmanuel Eboue,Alan Shearer,José Antonio Reyes,Fredrik Ljungberg,Thierry Henry,Clarence Seedorf,Cesc Fabregas,Bryan Robson,Franz Beckenbauer,Edwin VanDer Sar,Oliver Kahn,Arjen Robben,Terry Butcher,Alfredo Di Stefano,Claudio Pizarro,Glenn Hoddle,Sol Campbell,Gary Lineker,Les Ferdinand,Stefan Effenberg,Dennis Bergkamp,Pele,David Beckham,Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink,Tony Adams,Nemanja Vidic,Manuel Neuer,Philip Lahm,Thomas Muller,Michael Ballack,Mario Gotze,Matt Humells,Shinji Kagawa,Michael Owen,Bastian Schwienstieger,Didi Deschamps,Franck Ribery,Wesley Sniedjer,Pavel Nedved.Paul Ince,Geoff Hurst[size=150]